Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
Proper research should be conducted before moving forward with any facial treatment or surgery.
This not only protects you, the patient, from any surprises, but also ensures that the procedure you have chosen will accomplish the goals you desire. If a facelift is what you feel is necessary, it should not be embarked on without proper consultation with a Canadian-certified, experienced facial plastic surgeon.
Determined That A Face Lift Is Your Best Solution
Dr. Cory Torgerson has conducted successful facelift surgeries in his state-of-the-art, surgical centre in downtown Toronto for many years. He would be able to assess whether this type of surgery is the best solution to rejuvenate your appearance or whether there is another treatment that would best suit your needs. For example, many young people convince themselves that a facelift is necessary, whereas Dr. Torgerson would probably recommend a non-surgical facial treatment to offset the aging process.
Once it has been determined that a face lift is your best solution, it is essential that you are aware of the risks associated with this type of major surgery. The most prevalent risk with any surgery is infection. Dr. Torgerson’s private surgery centre takes every precaution to ensure that the strictest guidelines required by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) are adhered to. His professional staff go above and beyond to maintain the highest standards regarding cleanliness in the facility, the operating theatre, and the sterilization of equipment. Medication is also prescribed to minimize the risk of infection in the client as well. It is important to note that it is in the patient’s best interest to follow Dr. Torgerson’s post-op instructions explicitly.
Many facial nerves are agitated during surgery. If nerve injury occurs, it can result in impairment when chewing, talking, or blinking after the operation. Although nerve damage is extremely rare when conducting facelift surgery, Dr. Torgerson employs the “open technique” to ensure optimal safety, so no damage should occur to facial nerves.
Determining The Best Location For The Minute Incisions
During surgery, many blood vessels are also disturbed. Because wounds will tend to heal more slowly when there is excessive bleeding, Dr. Torgerson and his experienced operating staff take special precautions to ensure that all blood vessels are properly sealed to minimize the risk of bleeding.
Facial scarring is a huge concern to most people prior to undergoing facelift surgery. This is where Dr. Torgerson’s years of experience and artistic ability are invaluable. He studies his patient’s face to determine the best location for the minute incisions that have to be made. They are normally hidden along the hairline of the forehead or in the facial creases just in front of the ears, making them as inconspicuous as possible.
All of these concerns associated with a rhytidectomy are minimized greatly if the correct surgeon and facility is chosen. Dr. Torgerson’s private surgical facility consistently maintains the highest possible standard when appraised by the CPSO. His qualifications and skill can be proven by viewing the before and after photos of satisfied facelift patients, either on his website or during a private consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.