Plastic surgery has become a more common trend for clients with aging concerns who are looking to reverse the signs of time
The facelift is one of the top procedures in the cosmetic industry that specifically addresses fine lines and deep wrinkles as well as sagging and loose skin by tightening and restructuring the contour of the face, leaving clients feeling confident and proud of their age and beauty. Like any invasive procedure, the preparation, recovery, and healing are all extremely vital components for patients to understand thoroughly before undergoing surgery. Because the researchable information on the recovery time for a facelift is mostly general, this article will go into depth on the necessary pre-operative steps for facelift preparation, which will include monthly, weekly, and daily landmarks leading up to the surgery day.
Facelift addresses fine lines and deep wrinkles
Before choosing a surgery date:
First and foremost, it is important that the surgeon performing the facelift has a clear understanding of the client’s concerns (likes and dislikes). It is also important that the client having surgery has a realistic expectation for the desired outcome. Once there is a mutual understanding and respect between both the client and the surgeon, the process and preparation for surgery can begin.
It is recommended that clients review their schedules and pick a time frame in their lives that allows for more flexibility with work and social events. Typically, with all invasive surgeries, there is a minimum 2-week downtime period where most surgeons suggest avoiding any and all daily activities. Once an appropriate surgery date is reserved, clients should start preparing all necessary medical forms and physical check-ups required by the medical team. This will allow the surgeon and his medical staff to fully assess the client’s health history to ensure that the complication risk is low and the surgery will be a smooth and peaceful process. All medical forms and physical check-up reports should be handed in approximately 3 weeks to 1 month prior to surgery. This ensures that there is enough time to process all the necessary information in preparation for the day.
Tighten and restructure the contour of the face
1 month prior:
Clients should commence their physical and mental preparation for their facelift. To achieve the best results possible, it is recommended that clients begin a beneficial skin care routine approximately 1 month prior to surgery, which will help cleanse, brighten, exfoliate, and rejuvenate the outermost layers of the skin. This will allow the epidermis to properly shed the dead skin cells from the surface layer, allowing fresh new cells to arise.
2-3 weeks before:
At this time, all medical paperwork should be completed and submitted to the clinic. Within this 2- to 3-week period, it is recommended that certain supplements, vitamins, and medications are discontinued until the end of the downtime period. These include vitamin E, aspirin, ibuprofen, daily multivitamins, herbal medications, and diet supplements as well as gingko biloba, ginseng, green tea, ginger, turmeric, and fish oil supplements. These ingredients are natural blood thinners that can cause dangerous bleeding and slow healing, which impede the surgeon’s ability to work efficiently and precisely. Other lifestyle habits such as smoking, drinking, drug abuse, and even juicing can all contribute to the thinning of the blood and are not recommended at this time.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
1 week prior:
When the surgery is 1 week away, clients should prepare entirely for the day itself. Clients should block the full day off of all activities. Assistance getting to and from the office is required by a family member, guardian, or close friend. Clients should arrange their travel accommodations beforehand. It is very important to arrange care for the 48 hours after surgery by either having a family member, guardian, or close friend supervising or by hiring a medical professional to assist with homecare. Many clients are referred to www.nursenextdoor.com, which is a company providing professional nursing homecare for the first 24 to 48 hours when assistance is most needed. At this time, it is important to keep your body and immune system functioning and free of infections or viruses. If clients show any signs of illness, they should contact the cosmetic clinic immediately.
The night before surgery:
As with any surgery, clients are not to eat or drink anything 12 hours prior to their surgery time or after midnight. This includes gum, candy, mints, coffee, and even water, since these things could endanger the client as they are going under general anesthesia and as they are coming out of anesthesia. Clients should make sure they get a good night’s rest and should mentally prepare for the post-recovery period.
The day of surgery:
Today is the day! Clients should make sure they arrive at the time requested by the office and surgeon. Clients should have already arranged their accommodations to and from the clinic or hospital to ensure they have the necessary assistance immediately after surgery. It is also important at this time for clients to stay positive, realistic, and of course, relaxed, knowing they are in good hands, trusting the surgeon they’ve chosen for their facelift.
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.