Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
Do you know what questions to ask before your facelift surgery? One of the first places where noticeable signs of age are bound to appear is also the most visible. You might see wrinkles developing around your eyes and mouth. Or you may find that your chin and neck are beginning to sag.
It’s all a normal part of getting older, but those changes are often unwanted and seem to set in a little too soon. Fortunately, several surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments can add volume to your face, correct age spots, soften wrinkles, and much more.
Facelift surgery is one of the most in-demand cosmetic procedures available today
Advanced techniques can address the effects of aging from your brows all the way down to your neck. It can be a transformative operation if performed by a face lift surgeon who is skilled in this field. With a physician who listens to your desires and understands the intricacies of a facelift surgery, you can expect natural-looking, long-term results.
Thorough preparation leads to the best outcomes. Before your first consultation, there are a few key things that you’ll want to find out. Your first meeting with your surgeon is your chance to understand your options and learn what to expect before and after the procedure. Here are the 5 essential questions that you should always ask before a facelift surgery in Toronto.
1. What makes you the best facial surgeon for me?
There are various inquiries that you can make on your first visit to learn if this is the right facial plastic surgeon for you.
- Do they have significant experience performing specifically facial plastic surgery?
- Are they certified with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada?
- Do they have photo proof and patient reviews to back up the advanced techniques they claim to employ?
- Are they receptive to your ideas, and do they make you feel comfortable?
Once you’re satisfied that you’ve found an expert facial surgeon, you can move on to questions about the procedure itself.
2. What are the different types of facelifts?
- A mini facelift, otherwise known as a minilift, targets drooping jowls and neck. It’s characterized by shorter incisions and a less dramatic lift, which can be ideal for someone who has mild to moderate laxity in the jawline.
- A full facelift is for someone who has more severe sagging or deep creases that can’t be corrected with a simple tuck.
- A brow lift specifically works to smooth the forehead and elevate the brows.
Not only are there different facelift types, but there are also several techniques. There are the SMAS (superficial musculo-aponeurotic system) and sub-SMAS lifts, which target underlying supportive facial layers, including fascia, muscle, or both. This is considered ideal for long-lasting improvements and for ensuring no unnecessary tension on the skin.
Another alternative is the endoscopic facelift, which uses smaller incisions and requires less downtime but doesn’t deliver the same longevity of results. Additionally, facial implants or dermal fillers can be used in conjunction with facelift surgery to add volume to the cheeks or chin.
Because there are quite a few options regarding types and techniques, it’s essential to discuss them with your surgeon. Depending on your goals, finances, and expectations for recovery time, your surgeon will be able to recommend a course of treatment to suit your needs.
3. Is a facelift surgery dangerous? Are there any risks of it not turning out the way I hope?
You should also ask your surgeon openly about potential risks. There are inherent risks involved with any cosmetic procedure. It’s vital that you discuss and understand what these are, as well as your surgeon’s approach to mitigating those.
4. What happens during a facelift, and how can I prepare?
5. How long does it take to recover after facelift surgery?
Electing to have facial surgery is an empowering decision. It’s about looking as good on the outside as you feel. The experience should be comfortable, safe, and empowering from start to finish. An expert surgeon understands that and will welcome any questions and concerns you may have. Be wary of someone who dismisses your queries or who doesn’t provide detail about the essential things above.
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Facial Surgeon Toronto
If you’re seeking face-lift surgery in Toronto, we invite you to contact Dr. Cory Torgerson. He is an accomplished facial surgeon with over 18 years of practice focusing solely on procedures of the head and neck. His keen attention to detail and artistic abilities have made him a sought-after teacher and expert in face lift surgery. Dr. Torgerson understands the importance of putting the patient first and designs a tailored surgical plan for each facelift. Our team of dedicated professionals will be happy to schedule your consultation and make your face enhancement goals a reality.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Fat Grafting
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Facelift FAQs
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.