Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
Do you know what questions to ask before your facelift surgery? One of the first places where noticeable signs of age are bound to appear is also the most visible. You might see wrinkles developing around your eyes and mouth. Or you may find that your chin and neck are beginning to sag.
It’s all a normal part of getting older, but those changes are often unwanted and seem to set in a little too soon. Fortunately, several surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments can add volume to your face, correct age spots, soften wrinkles, and much more.
Facelift surgery is one of the most in-demand cosmetic procedures available today
Advanced techniques can address the effects of aging from your brows all the way down to your neck. It can be a transformative operation if performed by a face lift surgeon who is skilled in this field. With a physician who listens to your desires and understands the intricacies of a facelift surgery, you can expect natural-looking, long-term results.
Thorough preparation leads to the best outcomes. Before your first consultation, there are a few key things that you’ll want to find out. Your first meeting with your surgeon is your chance to understand your options and learn what to expect before and after the procedure. Here are the 5 essential questions that you should always ask before a facelift surgery in Toronto.
1. What makes you the best facial surgeon for me?
There are various inquiries that you can make on your first visit to learn if this is the right facial plastic surgeon for you.
- Do they have significant experience performing specifically facial plastic surgery?
- Are they certified with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada?
- Do they have photo proof and patient reviews to back up the advanced techniques they claim to employ?
- Are they receptive to your ideas, and do they make you feel comfortable?
Once you’re satisfied that you’ve found an expert facial surgeon, you can move on to questions about the procedure itself.
2. What are the different types of facelifts?
- A mini facelift, otherwise known as a minilift, targets drooping jowls and neck. It’s characterized by shorter incisions and a less dramatic lift, which can be ideal for someone who has mild to moderate laxity in the jawline.
- A full facelift is for someone who has more severe sagging or deep creases that can’t be corrected with a simple tuck.
- A brow lift specifically works to smooth the forehead and elevate the brows.
Not only are there different facelift types, but there are also several techniques. There are the SMAS (superficial musculo-aponeurotic system) and sub-SMAS lifts, which target underlying supportive facial layers, including fascia, muscle, or both. This is considered ideal for long-lasting improvements and for ensuring no unnecessary tension on the skin.
Another alternative is the endoscopic facelift, which uses smaller incisions and requires less downtime but doesn’t deliver the same longevity of results. Additionally, facial implants or dermal fillers can be used in conjunction with facelift surgery to add volume to the cheeks or chin.
Because there are quite a few options regarding types and techniques, it’s essential to discuss them with your surgeon. Depending on your goals, finances, and expectations for recovery time, your surgeon will be able to recommend a course of treatment to suit your needs.
3. Is a facelift surgery dangerous? Are there any risks of it not turning out the way I hope?
You should also ask your surgeon openly about potential risks. There are inherent risks involved with any cosmetic procedure. It’s vital that you discuss and understand what these are, as well as your surgeon’s approach to mitigating those.
4. What happens during a facelift, and how can I prepare?
5. How long does it take to recover after facelift surgery?
Electing to have facial surgery is an empowering decision. It’s about looking as good on the outside as you feel. The experience should be comfortable, safe, and empowering from start to finish. An expert surgeon understands that and will welcome any questions and concerns you may have. Be wary of someone who dismisses your queries or who doesn’t provide detail about the essential things above.
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Facial Surgeon Toronto
If you’re seeking face-lift surgery in Toronto, we invite you to contact Dr. Cory Torgerson. He is an accomplished facial surgeon with over 18 years of practice focusing solely on procedures of the head and neck. His keen attention to detail and artistic abilities have made him a sought-after teacher and expert in face lift surgery. Dr. Torgerson understands the importance of putting the patient first and designs a tailored surgical plan for each facelift. Our team of dedicated professionals will be happy to schedule your consultation and make your face enhancement goals a reality.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Facelift Toronto
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?