Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
Any medical or cosmetic surgery comes with risks attached. Facial plastic surgery is no different.
Careful selection of the surgeon and the facility used is of utmost importance. Dr. Cory Torgerson is not only an ear, nose, and throat surgeon (otolaryngologist), but he has also achieved certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in head and neck facial plastic surgery. This validation took years of additional study. His substantial experience, attention to detail, and artistic ability are solid foundations that any potential client can put their trust in.
Level 3 Surgical Facility
4 Possible Risks With Facelift
Dr. Torgerson’s private surgery centre in the heart of Toronto has achieved the highest rating (Level 3 Surgical Facility) with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO), the governing body that regulates surgical facilities in Ontario. There are four main possible risks associated with facelift surgery. The first one is the possibility of infection. Our private clinic ensures a sterile operating theatre, equipment, and techniques. Cleanliness is adhered to in every aspect of the operation and aftercare of the patient. Bandages are removed within 24 hours, and antibiotics are prescribed immediately following surgery to protect against infection. Bleeding is another issue that Dr. Torgerson does everything possible to guard against. A lot of blood vessels are disturbed in facelift surgery, so attention is given to properly enclose them during surgery and to guard against the possibility of bleeding after surgery. Wounds may heal slowly due to excessive bleeding. Prior to surgery, patients are given specific instructions on certain medications, herbal supplements, and activities that can thin the blood, making a patient more prone to bleeding during surgery. If patients adhere to the pre-operative instructions, it can help curb this possible risk.
Why Choosing A Facial Plastic Surgeon Who Is An Expert In The Face
Experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon
A facelift causes many facial nerves to be disturbed as well. This poses the risk of nerve injury. Our facial movements such as talking, eating, and even blinking are controlled by nerves. If nerve damage does occur, it is possible for them to regenerate, but there is a marginal risk of some damage. This is another reason why choosing a facial plastic surgeon who is an expert in the face rather than a general plastic surgeon (a specialist in the body) is an important consideration for any facelift patient.
The fourth main risk of facelift surgery is scarring along the incision lines. This is where it is, again, invaluable to choose an experienced facial plastic surgeon such as Dr. Cory Torgerson. After careful evaluation of the hair line, shape of the face, and the results the patient wants to achieve, he is able to place each tiny incision in the most inconspicuous area.
Although the surgery may have been successful, it is essential for any facelift patient to follow post-operative instructions explicitly. The advice the surgeon gives should be taken seriously to ensure optimum results.
Finally, it is most important to note that serious facelift surgery complications are rare and are minimized when the right expert, a Facial Plastic Surgeon, is chosen to perform the facelift. As such, Dr. Torgerson and his accomplished staff are committed to ensuring that your experience is successful from start to finish!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.