Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
Fillers, which work to plump the skin, temporarily erasing wrinkles and facial folds, are growing in popularity and increasing in effectiveness.
Many patients wonder if fillers have replaced the Toronto facelift. Although both fillers and facelifts have many of the same objectives, there is no comparing the two procedures. Fillers are an excellent short-term solution that can delay signs of aging in younger patients, but only a Toronto facelift can dramatically turn back the hands of time. Face lifts address all signs of aging in the face. As a result, despite the prevalence of injectable fillers, more and more patients are requesting facelift surgery to counteract the tell-tale signs of aging.
The Changes in the Face
Five Signs of Aging in the Face
- The skin begins to change as wrinkles and age spots develop
- Dynamic lines such as crow’s-feet caused by overactive muscles become more pronounced
- The cheeks and temples begin to lose volume
- The skin loses its elasticity
- Gravity pulls the skin on the face downwards, causing the face to sag or droop
Botox can effectively fill fine lines in the forehead and between the brows, and fillers can be used to restore volume to the cheeks and soften nasolabial folds. However, the corrections offered by these products are temporary. Fillers are a suitable option for younger patients who desire a less invasive, often preventative treatment. But a Toronto facelift is the only procedure that can effectively treat all 5 signs of aging in the face. In addition, at a certain age, fillers are no longer able to counteract the signs of aging.
Which Procedure Is Right for You?
Types of Facelifts
Depending on the patient’s goals for the procedure, there are a number of different types of face-lifts, including the traditional full facelift and the mini facelift, which is an excellent option for patients who have minimal loose skin. The mini facelift is a less invasive procedure that targets the mid-face and jowls, while the full facelift also addresses the neck to deliver more consistent results. In some cases, to achieve your desired outcome, a facelift can be combined with a neck lift, brow lift, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), or CO2 laser. The advantage of combining procedures is that it brings about a dramatic transformation without the need for additional recovery time.
The best way to determine which procedure is right for you is to consult a qualified and experienced facial plastic surgeon. To take the first step towards achieving the aesthetic changes you desire, we invite you to contact our clinic today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cory Torgerson, a leading Toronto facelift surgeon. During your private consultation, Dr. Torgerson will listen to your goals for the procedure, thoroughly answer all of your questions, assess your facial anatomy, and explain which procedure or combination of procedures will enable you to achieve your objective.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Facelift Toronto
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?