Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
Fillers, which work to plump the skin, temporarily erasing wrinkles and facial folds, are growing in popularity and increasing in effectiveness.
Many patients wonder if fillers have replaced the Toronto facelift. Although both fillers and facelifts have many of the same objectives, there is no comparing the two procedures. Fillers are an excellent short-term solution that can delay signs of aging in younger patients, but only a Toronto facelift can dramatically turn back the hands of time. Face lifts address all signs of aging in the face. As a result, despite the prevalence of injectable fillers, more and more patients are requesting facelift surgery to counteract the tell-tale signs of aging.
The Changes in the Face
Five Signs of Aging in the Face
- The skin begins to change as wrinkles and age spots develop
- Dynamic lines such as crow’s-feet caused by overactive muscles become more pronounced
- The cheeks and temples begin to lose volume
- The skin loses its elasticity
- Gravity pulls the skin on the face downwards, causing the face to sag or droop
Botox can effectively fill fine lines in the forehead and between the brows, and fillers can be used to restore volume to the cheeks and soften nasolabial folds. However, the corrections offered by these products are temporary. Fillers are a suitable option for younger patients who desire a less invasive, often preventative treatment. But a Toronto facelift is the only procedure that can effectively treat all 5 signs of aging in the face. In addition, at a certain age, fillers are no longer able to counteract the signs of aging.
Which Procedure Is Right for You?
Types of Facelifts
Depending on the patient’s goals for the procedure, there are a number of different types of face-lifts, including the traditional full facelift and the mini facelift, which is an excellent option for patients who have minimal loose skin. The mini facelift is a less invasive procedure that targets the mid-face and jowls, while the full facelift also addresses the neck to deliver more consistent results. In some cases, to achieve your desired outcome, a facelift can be combined with a neck lift, brow lift, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), or CO2 laser. The advantage of combining procedures is that it brings about a dramatic transformation without the need for additional recovery time.
The best way to determine which procedure is right for you is to consult a qualified and experienced facial plastic surgeon. To take the first step towards achieving the aesthetic changes you desire, we invite you to contact our clinic today to schedule a complimentary consultation with with Dr. Cory Torgerson, a leading Toronto facelift surgeon. During your private consultation, Dr. Torgerson will listen to your goals for the procedure, thoroughly answer all of your questions, assess your facial anatomy, and explain which procedure or combination of procedures will enable you to achieve your objective.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can you add to your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.