How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
The facial transformation that results after a facelift is truly incredible!
Before and after photos of transformed recipients are available to be seen on Dr. Cory Torgerson’s website or at his private surgery centre in downtown Toronto. People not only look years younger than their age, but they look fresher, more rested, and full of vitality. The change in a person’s appearance seems almost miraculous. As we all know, it is not the result of a miracle, but because of an experienced, meticulous plastic surgeon. Dr. Torgerson is not only a head and neck surgeon, but he has also achieved full accreditation from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) as a facial plastic surgeon as well. His ability and artistic flare enable him to maintain a person’s natural appearance after facelift surgery has been completed.
Endoscopic And The Open Method Technique
End Result Of Facelift Surgery
The end result of facelift surgery is evident, but what exactly takes place during the procedure? Facelifts have taken place for decades, and over that period of time, many techniques have been developed. The two most popular operating methods that facial cosmetic surgeons perform are the endoscopic technique and the open method technique. Endoscopic surgery utilizes a long, slender surgical instrument. Dr. Torgerson prefers to use the open method, as he has determined that this technique is not only more thorough, but produces longer-lasting results for the patient.
During this surgery, the face is divided into three sections: the forehead, midface, and lower facial area. The forehead usually requires the least amount of work and adjustment. The mid region consists of the area just below the eyes down to the top of the mouth. The lower region consists of the jaw, chin, and jowls. Facelifts usually include the neck area as well.
Three major steps are conducted during a facelift. First, the deep facial muscles (called SMAS) are tightened, then they are re-draped and secured in an upward position, and lastly, any excess fatty tissue is removed.
Best Location For Incisions
Beautiful New Complexion
Prior to surgery, Dr. Torgerson will have studied the candidate’s facial shape, skin type, hairline, and other features in order to choose the best location for incisions. These cuts are extremely tiny and are placed in inconspicuous folds of skin in front of the ears or hidden within the hairline. The next step is the separation of the overlying skin of the face from the deep facial tissues and muscles. This procedure is called “undermining” and is necessary so that the facial skin is free to be lifted, manipulated, and smoothed out. Lastly, any fat deposits that have accumulated in the face or neck regions are removed.
Dr. Torgerson suggests that while his patients are under anaesthetic, they get a CO2 laser treatment to complement the facelift. This procedure uses a high-energy laser beam to remove the outer layer of dead skin tissues, leaving a beautiful new complexion. Sutures or clips enclose the incisions and then a thick, protective padding is placed securely around the face and head. After surgery, patients will be prescribed pain medication, which is usually necessary for the first 4 or 5 days. Bruising and swelling is normal and can be expected for the first week.
By choosing a reputable facial plastic surgeon like Dr. Torgerson, you too can experience the transformation of a facelift. Start today by contacting our Toronto cosmetic centre!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.