How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
The facial transformation that results after a facelift is truly incredible!
Before and after photos of transformed recipients are available to be seen on Dr. Cory Torgerson’s website or at his private surgery centre in downtown Toronto. People not only look years younger than their age, but they look fresher, more rested, and full of vitality. The change in a person’s appearance seems almost miraculous. As we all know, it is not the result of a miracle, but because of an experienced, meticulous plastic surgeon. Dr. Torgerson is not only a head and neck surgeon, but he has also achieved full accreditation from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) as a facial plastic surgeon as well. His ability and artistic flare enable him to maintain a person’s natural appearance after facelift surgery has been completed.
Endoscopic And The Open Method Technique
End Result Of Facelift Surgery
The end result of facelift surgery is evident, but what exactly takes place during the procedure? Facelifts have taken place for decades, and over that period of time, many techniques have been developed. The two most popular operating methods that facial cosmetic surgeons perform are the endoscopic technique and the open method technique. Endoscopic surgery utilizes a long, slender surgical instrument. Dr. Torgerson prefers to use the open method, as he has determined that this technique is not only more thorough, but produces longer-lasting results for the patient.
During this surgery, the face is divided into three sections: the forehead, midface, and lower facial area. The forehead usually requires the least amount of work and adjustment. The mid region consists of the area just below the eyes down to the top of the mouth. The lower region consists of the jaw, chin, and jowls. Facelifts usually include the neck area as well.
Three major steps are conducted during a facelift. First, the deep facial muscles (called SMAS) are tightened, then they are re-draped and secured in an upward position, and lastly, any excess fatty tissue is removed.
Best Location For Incisions
Beautiful New Complexion
Prior to surgery, Dr. Torgerson will have studied the candidate’s facial shape, skin type, hairline, and other features in order to choose the best location for incisions. These cuts are extremely tiny and are placed in inconspicuous folds of skin in front of the ears or hidden within the hairline. The next step is the separation of the overlying skin of the face from the deep facial tissues and muscles. This procedure is called “undermining” and is necessary so that the facial skin is free to be lifted, manipulated, and smoothed out. Lastly, any fat deposits that have accumulated in the face or neck regions are removed.
Dr. Torgerson suggests that while his patients are under anaesthetic, they get a CO2 laser treatment to complement the facelift. This procedure uses a high-energy laser beam to remove the outer layer of dead skin tissues, leaving a beautiful new complexion. Sutures or clips enclose the incisions and then a thick, protective padding is placed securely around the face and head. After surgery, patients will be prescribed pain medication, which is usually necessary for the first 4 or 5 days. Bruising and swelling is normal and can be expected for the first week.
By choosing a reputable facial plastic surgeon like Dr. Torgerson, you too can experience the transformation of a facelift. Start today by contacting our Toronto cosmetic centre!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can you add to your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.