How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
There are many factors that can impact the longevity of your facelift.
Facelift surgery is considered optimal and does offer longer-lasting benefits than non-surgical, minimally invasive skin-tightening procedures such as Ultherapy, fillers, or laser treatments. Your skin quality, genes, and skincare maintenance and routine are certainly important factors in the quality and durability of your facelift. Other external factors such as smoking and stress can add years to our appearance and affect the results. However, overall, a facelift is considered to be the gold standard in the facial rejuvenation category with the longest-lasting results of any cosmetic treatment.
SMAS Platysma, Deep Place Facelift, Composite Lift, Or SMAS Lift
One key factor in the life of your facelift results will be the technique that the facial plastic surgeon used during your mini facelift or full facelift. A classic facelift can be called many names, such as SMAS platysma, deep place facelift, composite lift, or SMAS lift. A cosmetic surgeon will tighten and correct the underlying facial layers and help tighten them, improving the overall look. Because a standard full facelift is technically demanding, you must ensure that you choose a properly qualified facial plastic surgeon to perform your cosmetic surgery. Facial plastic surgeons are experts in head and neck procedures (such as face lift or rhinoplasty). They are different from a general plastic surgeon, who mainly does body work such as breast implants, liposuction, and tummy tucks. When properly performed by a qualified expert, your facelift should last 10-15 years. It is a more extensive and intensive procedure with a longer recovery time, but you will enjoy the results for many years to come.
A mini facelift is less invasive and generally targets a smaller area of the face. It can be referred to as the S-lift or limited SMAS. The amount of skin undermining is less with this type of procedure and generally one could expect at least 5 years in the longevity of their mini-lift. One of the reasons for the decrease in duration is because as a person continues to age and notice the signs of it in their appearance and on their skin, they will likely notice other areas of the face that they would like to be treated as well in those upcoming years.
Contact Dr. Torgerson’s Office In Downtown Yorkville, Toronto
Private And Confidential Consultation
For the most beautiful, safe, and healthy outcome, please contact Dr. Torgerson’s office in downtown Yorkville, Toronto. During a private and confidential 30-minute consultation, you will be able to discuss if you are a good candidate for a mini face lift or full face lift and the cost of a face lift. You’ll also receive a personalized quote and be able to talk about financing plans, go over any possible risks, limitations, and complications and begin to develop a possible surgical plan that is realistic, beneficial, and targeted to your areas of concern. Important things to think about as you choose the right surgeon for you are the quality of the consultation, the rapport you were able to establish with the surgeon, the surgical facilities available for your facelift, and the expertise and training of the cosmetic surgeon.
If you’d like further information about setting up a complimentary consultation, please call or email our Toronto office today!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can you add to your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.