How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
We live in a society where everyone wants to look their best.
The expression “put your best foot forward” has now become “put your best face forward”. The over-50 crowd desires to look as youthful as possible, and the younger crowd, under the age of 30, wants to look their best. Before we explore the options available at Dr. Cory Torgerson’s facial plastic surgery clinic, there are several methods that he recommends to make your face appear younger and more rejuvenated. Some of these steps are so simple that you may be tempted to dismiss them, desiring something more sophisticated. But don’t be deceived – these everyday methods add up to noticeable results.
Booking a consultation with Dr. Torgerson in the privacy of our Toronto clinic will allow your concerns to be discussed and the many options available to be explored. You’ll be on your way to a more youthful and refreshed appearance in no time!
Some of the steps that we recommend
- You’ve heard the cliché “Get your beauty sleep”? Your grandmother was right! Getting at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night reduces the look of fatigue the next day. Over time, a lack of necessary sleep causes excess lines to form.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water every day. Hydrated skin glows with a dewy appearance and looks healthy
- Wash your face in the morning and evening and then apply a quality cream with collagen-building properties. Dr. Torgerson advocates using Alyria skin care products, which are available at our Yorkville Toronto clinic.
- Use an exfoliator once a week to remove dead skin and maintain your skin’s radiance.
- Stay out of the sun as much as possible and use proper sun screen.
- Avoid smoking, because it dries out the skin.
- Visit the gym 2 to 3 times a week. This flushes your circulatory system and maintains the skin, which is our largest organ.
- Eat a diet of fruits and vegetables that are high in antioxidants and vitamin C. Strawberries, blueberries, carrots, tomatoes, and red peppers are excellent skin food.
- Avoid stress! Whatever is happening on the inside will eventually be evident on the outside. Take steps to minimize stress. Joining a self-help group, volunteering, or praying are all methods to maintain a healthy outlook on life.
- For women, applying make-up correctly can turn back the clock and revolutionize your face as well.
What Dr. Torgerson Believes In
Dr. Torgerson believes that it is important to practice skin maintenance at an early age. The proper use of creams and cleansers cannot be overstated, and this regimen should begin in the early 20s. In addition to at-home maintenance, there are also many non-surgical options available. By a person’s late 20s and early 30s, fine lines develop, and the face may begin to lose its volume. The use of hyaluronic acid in the form of dermal fillers is an option to smooth out lines and replace volume.
Microdermabrasion and laser treatments can work to remove dead skin and restore youthful, radiant skin and are options often explored by adult patients of all ages. Popular neuromodulator treatments to smooth out fine lines around the forehead and eyes also can help restore a youthful appearance. As a facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Cory Torgerson advocates all the above methods for making a face look younger because he has seen firsthand the difference these options can make. Once the skin has lost its elasticity and begins to sag, facial plastic surgery may be the only option to tighten the skin and reverse the aging process.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Facelift Cost
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.