How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
We live in a society where everyone wants to look their best.
The expression “put your best foot forward” has now become “put your best face forward”. The over-50 crowd desires to look as youthful as possible, and the younger crowd, under the age of 30, wants to look their best. Before we explore the options available at Dr. Cory Torgerson’s facial plastic surgery clinic, there are several methods that he recommends to make your face appear younger and more rejuvenated. Some of these steps are so simple that you may be tempted to dismiss them, desiring something more sophisticated. But don’t be deceived – these everyday methods add up to noticeable results.
Booking a consultation with Dr. Torgerson in the privacy of our Toronto clinic will allow your concerns to be discussed and the many options available to be explored. You’ll be on your way to a more youthful and refreshed appearance in no time!
Some of the steps that we recommend
- You’ve heard the cliché “Get your beauty sleep”? Your grandmother was right! Getting at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night reduces the look of fatigue the next day. Over time, a lack of necessary sleep causes excess lines to form.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water every day. Hydrated skin glows with a dewy appearance and looks healthy
- Wash your face in the morning and evening and then apply a quality cream with collagen-building properties. Dr. Torgerson advocates using Vivier skincare products, which are available at our Yorkville Toronto clinic.
- Use an exfoliator once a week to remove dead skin and maintain your skin’s radiance.
- Stay out of the sun as much as possible and use proper sun screen.
- Avoid smoking, because it dries out the skin.
- Visit the gym 2 to 3 times a week. This flushes your circulatory system and maintains the skin, which is our largest organ.
- Eat a diet of fruits and vegetables that are high in antioxidants and vitamin C. Strawberries, blueberries, carrots, tomatoes, and red peppers are excellent skin food.
- Avoid stress! Whatever is happening on the inside will eventually be evident on the outside. Take steps to minimize stress. Joining a self-help group, volunteering, or praying are all methods to maintain a healthy outlook on life.
- For women, applying make-up correctly can turn back the clock and revolutionize your face as well.
What Dr. Torgerson Believes In
Dr. Torgerson believes that it is important to practice skin maintenance at an early age. The proper use of creams and cleansers cannot be overstated, and this regimen should begin in the early 20s. In addition to at-home maintenance, there are also many non-surgical options available. By a person’s late 20s and early 30s, fine lines develop, and the face may begin to lose its volume. The use of hyaluronic acid in the form of dermal fillers is an option to smooth out lines and replace volume.
Microdermabrasion and laser treatments can work to remove dead skin and restore youthful, radiant skin and are options often explored by adult patients of all ages. Popular neuromodulator treatments to smooth out fine lines around the forehead and eyes also can help restore a youthful appearance. As a facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Cory Torgerson advocates all the above methods for making a face look younger because he has seen firsthand the difference these options can make. Once the skin has lost its elasticity and begins to sag, facial plastic surgery may be the only option to tighten the skin and reverse the aging process.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Facelift Toronto
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.