How To Prepare For a Facelift
Once you’ve chosen a qualified, expert facelift surgeon that you feel comfortable with, there are some steps that can be taken to prepare for a facelift surgery.
Upon your selection of a face lift surgical date, the facial plastic surgeon and his/her office staff should have provided you with thorough pre-operative guidelines and instructions to follow.
Stop Taking Certain Vitamins And Homeopathic Regimens
You will be asked to do some routine medical tests, such as blood work and a physical with your family physician, to ensure you are cleared and healthy for cosmetic surgery. There should also be a pre-operative consent-signing appointment that is booked, where the cosmetic surgeon answers any questions you may have and goes through all the details of the facelift surgery with you, including medical, surgical, financial, and photograph consents.
In advance of your facelift, your facial plastic surgeon will ask that you stop taking certain vitamins and homeopathic regimens that are considered blood-thinners and can increase your bleeding during surgery and impact how quickly you heal afterwards. Certain drugs and pain-relievers like aspirin, Advil, Motrin, and Aleve may also need to be stopped for the same reasons. If you are a smoker, stopping this habit 6 weeks before surgery would be ideal. Smoking can increase complications, inhibit good wound healing, and can affect scarring.
Good hydration habits before and after surgery are also important for a speedy and safe recovery.
Dr. Torgerson’s Private Surgical Facility
Approved Cosmetic Surgical Facility
The best place to have a facelift surgery is in an approved cosmetic surgical facility (not a hospital). This is because the staff are specifically skilled and adept at plastic surgery cases and are specially selected as such. In a hospital, staffing depends on whoever is working shifts that day and may not be the best suited for your facelift surgery. In Ontario, out-of-hospital premises need to be an approved Level 3 facility with routine inspections and assessments. Dr. Torgerson’s private surgical facility has always passed these inspections and exceeded expectations. To prepare for your facelift surgery, you need to arrange for a family member or friend to drive you home from the surgery centre after your surgery and recovery, staying with you for the first 24-48 hours.
In terms of preparation for your recovery, you should stock up your pantry and fridge with lots of healthy food choices and soft foods, as those will be your go-to choices for the first few days following surgery. Plan where you will spend most of your time relaxing during recovery and have lots of pillows available to rest with and prop you up. Choosing items to wear in advance can also be helpful – clothing that buttons up and opens in the front is ideal, rather than shirts you have to pull over your head. Slip-on shoes are also the best. Arrange for someone to help you with housework and heavy lifting, as you should avoid strenuous motions, movement, and exercise that could open up a stitch during the first few weeks of recovery. Lastly, if you colour your hair, you should do it just before the facelift or mini-lift surgery, as you will have to wait approximately 4 weeks following facelift surgery to dye your hair.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Fat Grafting
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Preparation
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Facelift Toronto
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can you add to your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.