Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do for You
It is important to understand what a procedure like this can and can’t do for you.
When it comes to facial surgery, people are often misinformed about what they can and cannot achieve. For people considering a Toronto facelift, it is important to have realistic expectations going into the procedure to avoid disappointment.
A Natural-Looking Improvement
Toronto Facelift Results
With advances in modern medicine, the days of dramatic facelifts with a “pulled” look are gone. Surgeons are now shifting focus to more natural-looking results by tightening deep structures of the face and gently redraping skin. This results in a more natural outcome.
What a facelift often cannot do for you is dramatically improve wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. Since these are imperfections in the superficial layer of the skin, they typically require different treatment to address them.
Combining Botox or fillers with a Toronto facelift is the best way to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles. In some cases, it may also be possible to combine the face lift with a chemical peel to address repairs on the surface of the skin.
Another important factor to account for when considering a face-lift is that it typically addresses the lower face rather than the mid-level features and the eyes or forehead. The most dramatic improvements are usually seen in the neck, jowls, and cheek area. For people looking for changes in the upper part of the face as well, it may be prudent to consider the option of a brow or eyelid lift to be performed in conjunction with the facelift.
Tightening and Lifting the Jowls and Jawline
Types of Facelifts
For patients looking to reverse the visible signs of aging, a face-lift can help. This cosmetic procedure is an effective way to tighten and lift the jowls and jawline, tighten the skin on the neck, as well as lift structures of the face such as the cheeks that have begun to sag with age.
Some patients are intimidated by adding other treatments onto a Toronto facelift, it is actually advantageous, as patients can usually save on costs as well as reduce two potential recovery periods to one.
It is also important to understand the different results delivered by different types of facelifts. Although some patients may opt for a mini lift instead of a full face lift due to the shorter recovery period, they should do this with the understanding that smaller incisions often deliver less dramatic results. Although the bigger incisions made with a full facelift require a longer recovery period, the results to the lower face and neck are more dramatic.
For those contemplating a Toronto facelift, the single most important factor in determining its success is the surgeon. Choosing an experienced facial plastic surgeon who specializes in the head and neck is the only way to guarantee you are satisfied with your results.
Dr. Torgerson is a well-known industry leader in the facial plastic surgery space. Putting patient comfort first, he is well versed with a wealth of experience in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and is able to recommend the best type of treatment to address your individual concerns so that you look your absolute best.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Fat Grafting
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Facelift FAQs
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.