Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
Toronto facelift surgery can effectively reduce the appearance of aging by correcting a number of signs of aging in the face, including drooping skin, excess fatty tissue, and weakened underlying muscles.
As a result of the natural aging process as well as the influence of factors such as genetics, gravity, and sun exposure, over time the skin on our face begins to change. Although these changes are initially subtle, eventually a loss of volume in the cheeks and an increase in fatty or subcutaneous tissue in the jowls, chin, and neck can cause undesirable changes to your facial contour.
What Signs of Aging Can a Facelift Address?
How Does It Work?
A Toronto facelift, or rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic surgery procedure that removes excess fatty tissue from the face and neck to provide greater definition to the face and jawline. During this procedure, the skin is carefully lifted to facilitate the removal of excess loose skin and tissue, eliminating wrinkles and creating a smoother, more youthful appearance. The underlying muscles of the face and neck are also tightened and repaired to improve the facial contour.
Face lift surgery is quickly gaining popularity due to its ability to address a number of signs of aging, including:
- Smile lines
- A loss of elasticity in the skin
- Prominent rhytids (deep facial lines)
- Formation of jowls
- Excess, loose skin or an increase in subcutaneous fullness in the face and neck
Unlike fillers, which offer a temporary solution to many of the above problems, a Toronto facelift delivers dramatic, long-lasting results, ensuring that patients look younger for many years to come. Although this procedure cannot stop the aging process, most patients continue to look years younger than their age for upwards of 10 years following their procedure.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Facelift Procedure?
How to Look Younger
Although face-lift surgery is a suitable procedure for men and women of a variety of ages, not all patients are candidates for this procedure. The following criteria must be met to qualify for facelift surgery:
- Patients must be in good overall health, as this is necessary for a safe and speedy recovery.
- Because blood pressure is an important factor during face lift surgery, it is imperative that patients with pre-existing hypertension take their prescribed anti-hypertensive medication the morning of the procedure. Blood pressure will be carefully monitored both before and after surgery because high blood pressure increases the likelihood of bleeding and hematoma.
- Patients must be willing to quit smoking or commit to a smoking cessation program for a minimum of 4 weeks both pre- and post-operatively because of the increased risks associated with smoking such as skin flap necrosis, infection, and delayed wound healing.
To learn more and to determine your candidacy for a Toronto facelift to reduce the appearance of aging, we welcome you to contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Torgerson, a renowned facial plastic surgeon in Toronto.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Facelift Cost
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.