Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
For patients considering a Toronto facelift, it is natural to be curious about what steps are involved during the procedure.
A facelift is a surgery designed for lifting and firming sagging facial tissue to restore a youthful appearance. Patient who opt for a facelift are typically looking to reverse the visible signs of aging in the face and neck area.
Getting Rid of the Sagging
Although there are a few different types of facelifts, they all typically follow a few key steps. To begin, medication is administered so that you are comfortable for the procedure. It is usually general anesthesia that is used for a Toronto facelift. However, depending on your case, intravenous sedation may also be an option. Patients remain sedated for the duration of the facelift as well as for any other treatments that are being performed in conjunction with the procedure such as facial implants or fillers.
Next, the incisions are made. Depending on the type of facelift and the extent of work being done, the incisions will vary. For a traditional face lift, an incision is often made in the hairline at the temples. The incision continues around the ear and ends at the lower end of the scalp. When an aging neck is being fixed as part of a traditional facelift, a second incision under the chin may be made as well.
During a mini facelift, shorter incisions are made around the temples and continue around the ear. When the neck lift is being performed to treat sagging jowls or loose neck skin, the incision is made at the front of the ear lobe, from where it wraps around behind the ear and ends in the hair behind the ear.
Repositioning of Facial Tissue
How to Achieve Optimal Results
After the incisions are made, the surgeon separates the skin from the tissue and the muscles underneath the surface of the skin. This process allows the surgeon to reposition the deeper facial tissues to get rid of the sagging and create a firm foundation for the skin.
After the excess skin is removed, the remaining skin is draped back over the rejuvenated facial tissues, resulting in a smooth and youthful contour.
Once the trimming and repositioning of facial tissue is complete, the incisions are generally closed with sutures or skin adhesives. The sutures may be dissolvable or they may need to be removed by a professional after a few days.
In some cases, skin glue is used instead of sutures to close the incisions. For people interested in a Toronto facelift, it is important to choose a facial plastic surgeon who is certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. To achieve optimal results, the surgeon should also specialize in the head and neck. Dr. Torgerson is well known as an industry leader in the facial plastic surgery arena. At his facial plastic surgery clinic in Yorkville, Toronto, he has performed numerous facelifts delivering long-lasting and natural-looking results.
If you are interested in a facelift procedure, we encourage you to take the first step and book a consultation with Dr. Torgerson to get an understanding of what type of facial procedure is best for you as well as what kind of results you can expect.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.