Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
A facelift is a facial rejuvenation procedure that works to counteract the common signs of aging, helping restore a patient’s appearance and confidence.
Previously, facelift surgery addressed only the outer layer of skin, as it was believed that the outer layer alone was responsible for signs of aging in the face. However, as a result of developments in technology, surgeons now have a more sophisticated understanding of the facial anatomy. This understanding has enabled them to develop more advanced facelift techniques. When performing a Toronto face lift, Dr. Torgerson utilizes the deep plane facelift procedure so he can address the underlying layers of tissue and muscles, smoothing deep-set wrinkles and sagging muscles to deliver unparalleled results.
Planes of Tissue
To distinguish between the different techniques used for Toronto facelift surgery, it is necessary to understand the facial anatomy. The face is comprised of 3 levels of tissue, which are referred to as “planes.” These include:
- The superficial plane: the outer dermal layer of skin. Early forms of face lift surgery addressed only this outer plane, which often led to uneven or unnatural results.
- The midplane: the superficial muscular aponeurotic system (SMAS) layer is the layer of tissue between the outer dermal layer and the deeper tissues in the face and neck.
- The deep plane: the layer of tissue and muscle beneath the SMAS layer. As its name suggests, it is the deepest layer.
The SMAS facelift technique addresses the fascia layer between the superficial and the deep tissues on the face and neck. It is a suitable technique to address sagging in the jowls and neck. During this procedure, the skin is separated to tighten the layer of muscle and remove loose skin. Unwanted fat beneath the chin may also be removed using liposuction. This technique is ideal for patients who are bothered by loose skin in the lower face, as it can rejuvenate the jawline.
Available Treatment Options
Deep Plane Technique
The deep plane technique, also referred to as the sub-SMAS facelift, makes an incision in the SMAS and lifts it to work on the layer of tissue and muscle beneath it. This technique is recommended for patients with severe facial sagging or for people who hope to address common concerns in the mid-face, such as the nasolabial folds and cheeks.
Although a face lift that addresses the superficial plane or midplane may deliver excellent short-term results, the true test of plastic surgery is the longevity of the outcome. Because it addresses the deepest layers of tissue and muscle, the deep plane technique delivers the most natural results that stand the test of time, lasting for many years to come.
To determine the best approach for you, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cory Torgerson, a leading Toronto facelift surgeon. During your private consultation, Dr. Torgerson will examine your facial anatomy to determine which areas need to be addressed and to assess the severity of skin laxity and facial sagging. He will then walk you through each of the available treatment options to help you select the most suitable technique for your particular needs and goals.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.