Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
A facial plastic surgery procedure that is gaining recognition in the industry over the past few years is the mini-facelift.
As people are paying more attention to their appearance, they are investigating various options to minimize entropy at a younger age. Both men and women are dealing with the problem as it occurs, rather than waiting until it is quite evident that their skin is loose and sagging in several areas of their face. In other words, they are targeting specific areas as the loss of elasticity occurs.
One of Dr. Cory Torgerson’s famous clichés is“Do the right thing at the right time”. A mini facelift is beneficial because the before and after results of surgery are not as dramatic and noticeable if the problem is dealt with in a timely fashion, and the client is left with better self-esteem as they age without the stigma and feeling that “everyone will know!”
Addresses All Areas Of Concern
What is a full facelift?
A full facelift addresses all areas of concern on the face. The skin is tightened and repositioned in the upper, middle, and lower sections, and excess fat is removed, if necessary. Included in the full facelift is the possibility of a browlift in the upper area, eyelid surgery, and temple tightening as well as a necklift in the lower section. This procedure is definitely more inclusive and more invasive; therefore, the results are more dramatic. Dr. Torgerson recommends 2 weeks off of work after a full facelift, with bruising and swelling minimized greatly after just 7 to 10 days. Because the operation is longer than a mini-facelift, the cost is greater.
What is a mini-facelift?
Mini facelifts, on the other hand, are less extensive and target only the areas requiring attention. This is primarily because the skin is only sagging minimally. The middle section of the face, which includes the jowls, cheeks, and nasalabial folds (the lines between the nose and the mouth), are usually the area of concern. The procedure of making tiny incisions to tighten the skin, as in the full facelift, is also the method used in mini-facelifts. Because this operation is less invasive, only 1 week of downtime is required. For this reason, the minifacelift is sometimes referred to as “the weekend facelift”.
If facial plastic surgery is something you are unsure about, there are other non-invasive, non-surgical options that you can also choose to tighten and smooth loose skin. Some of them are choices such as the Liquid Facelift – a facelift performed by using injectable dermal fillers to replace volume where it has been lost. Although this method is temporary and requires yearly maintenance, some prefer it to surgery. Another option is the use of Ultherapy, the ultrasound technology that tightens the muscles beneath the skin and stimulates the production of collagen. CO2 laser is also popular as a method for treating fine lines and wrinkles and resurfacing the skin.
Booking a consultation at our state-of-the-art Yorkville clinic in Toronto is recommended. Dr. Torgerson will be able to discuss your concerns in a relaxed atmosphere and assist you in making the best possible choice to satisfy your needs. Head and neck surgery are the areas he specializes in, and you will benefit from his years of expertise.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Fat Grafting
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Facelift FAQs
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.