Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
Dr. Cory Torgerson’s experienced operating staff includes a recovery nurse who is assigned to all surgery patients, ensuring that they stabilize properly before leaving his surgery facility.
After you have collaborated with a facial cosmetic surgeon and determined that facelift surgery will revitalize your appearance, it is important that you are prepared for the recovery process. An experienced surgeon can operate successfully, but there is a continuing process following the surgery day in order for the final outcome to meet your expectations.
Aftercare Will Have Been Discussed With Dr. Torgerson Prior To Surgery
Detailed Post-Op Instructions
Detailed post-op instructions are given to you prior to surgery as well as to the person accompanying you home following the facelift. These will include a list of symptoms you can expect as well as what complications to look for. The aftercare will have been discussed with Dr. Torgerson prior to surgery, but the written note will serve as a reminder for you and your caregiver.
Although the cotton packing placed around your face and head will be uncomfortable, it should be removed only by the surgeon. This will take place approximately 1 to 2 days after surgery. The head bandage offers a snug protective layer around the suture lines. During this time, you should sponge bath only. Once the packing has been removed, you will be able to shower as long as your face is kept away from the hot water.
It is important to note that during the first 72 hours you will experience the most pain and discomfort. Pain medication will have been prescribed to help alleviate this and to maintain your comfort level. Cool compresses gently applied to the eyes may soothe the pressure, but heat should never be placed on the face or eyes. No anti- inflammatory pills should be taken during recovery, as they may thin the blood and stimulate excess bleeding.
It Is Recommended To Book 2 Weeks From Your Schedule For Recovery
Alleviate Your Anxieties
Bruising, swelling, and tightness over the entire face and neck can be expected for the first 14 days. This is why it is recommended to book 2 weeks from your schedule for recovery. To reduce swelling, it is important that your head is elevated during this time and that you sit or sleep in a recliner rather than lie down in your bed. Bending or lifting is not recommended, as this raises blood pressure and also increases swelling.
After you have returned to your normal routine, swimming and other athletics should be avoided for at least the first month. Using 2 pillows to elevate your head is recommended for several weeks as well. Although you will feel confident being out in public after 2 weeks, your face has undergone major surgery and will continue to heal subtly in the following months. It is not uncommon for facelift patients to experience numbness in their face and neck for the first month and for their incisions to appear red rather than invisible. Protecting your face from sun exposure is a must following surgery but is easy to do with the use of sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses.
Although this post-op recovery list is extensive, there is no need to allow them to deter you from pursuing your dream of appearing 10 years younger! Discussing your concerns with Dr. Torgerson during a private consultation in Toronto will be sure to alleviate your anxieties.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Facelift Cost
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.