Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
It is natural for some people to feel intimidated about “going under the knife” and receiving facelift surgery.
This operation can be delayed longer than ever before due to the amount of non-surgical treatments and procedures now available at facial cosmetic surgery centres. Although going under general anaesthesia may not be a frequent occurrence, the truth is, more rhytidectomies are performed each year than ever before with minimal complications.
Face And Neck Contoured & Adjusted At The Same Time
More Vibrant And Alive Look
There are some definite pros and cons about any facial plastic treatment, and facelift surgery is no exception. One of the most positive aspects that should be considered is the fact that, with just one surgery, many facial imperfections can be dealt with. All areas of the face and neck can be contoured and adjusted at the same time. Dr. Cory Torgerson is able to incorporate other procedures into the facelift that would normally require another surgery. For example, a necklift or the insertion of facial implants can be done during the facelift surgery. It is the most comprehensive facial plastic surgery addressing the upper, mid, and lower sections of the face.
While non-surgical procedures require the individual to return for follow-up treatments, to maintain the desired result, a rhytidectomy usually lasts for as long as 10 years. The greatest feature of facelift surgery is the fact that most recipients look 10 years younger – not to mention more vibrant and alive!
All facial cosmetic surgeons, including Dr. Torgerson, agree that facial features are able to be contoured and re-shaped more successfully with this operation than any other procedure.
Commitment To Achieve Best Outcome
2 Week Recovery
Anyone considering a facelift needs to be able to book 2 weeks out of their schedule to heal properly. The most facial swelling and bruising occurs in the first week but the majority of people require the full 14 days before feeling comfortable enough with their appearance to return to public.
A realistic outlook is necessary before deciding to undergo a face-lift. This surgery will not change your personality or suddenly transform you into a Hollywood legend. The truth is, a good plastic surgeon’s goal is to make you look natural and fresh, not overdone or like someone else. This is the result you can expect after receiving facelift surgery from Dr. Torgerson and his professional operating team.
A positive outlook is also necessary to understand that a commitment on your own part is necessary achieve the best possible outcome from the surgery. Following pre- and post-op instructions is a requirement on the part of the recipient, and good skin maintenance following surgery is a must. The most discomfort will be experienced in the first 3 to 4 days, but the pain medication prescribed by the surgeon will allow the patient to be as comfortable as possible.
Booking an appointment with Dr. Torgerson at his private surgery facility in Yorkville will allow him to address any further concerns you have and answer any questions you would like to ask.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.