Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
There are many things to consider when you are thinking about proceeding with facelift surgery.
It is important for anyone undergoing facelift surgery to be knowledgeable of every aspect of the procedure and be aware of what to expect after the operation. In our fully approved private plastic surgery clinic in downtown Toronto, patient care is our top priority.
Dr. Torgerson Makes Sure He Is Available For His Clients Via Text And Cell Phone
No Strenuous Activity
We assign a recovery nurse to our facelift clients immediately following surgery to monitor and assist them in any way. Normally, it takes up to 30 minutes to wake up from the effect of anaesthetics. Pain medication is prescribed to ensure minimal discomfort and antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection. After ensuring the patient is stabilized after approximately 4 hours, we discharge the facelift patient into the care of a friend or family member who will drive them home. Head dressings are removed at the clinic after 24 hours, and sutures are removed in stages after 5 days and 1 week. During this process, Dr. Torgerson makes sure he is available for his clients via text and cell phone to answer any of their questions or concerns.
No strenuous activity is advised for 2 weeks after facelift surgery. It is recommended that patients sleep using several propped up pillows to form a 30-degree angle and refrain from bending over. Both of these measures reduce blood flow to the head area. All medication that has the potential to cause excessive bleeding, such as warfarin or aspirin, should be avoided. Smoking delays the healing process and should also be avoided. Some people are in the habit of picking their faces. It is advised that patients refrain from all unnecessary touching of their faces. Exposure to sunlight should be minimal as well. It is recommended that hair dye not be used for the first month post-op. We also recommend that patients do no exercise and do their usual workout for 4 weeks following surgery.
Healing Process Continues Under The Surface Of The Skin
During the initial healing process, Dr. Torgerson should be contacted if his clients experience fever above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, notice seepage from their wounds, experience severe pain, or have wounds that re-open.
All facelift surgery results in bruising, swelling, and numbness. This is natural and should be expected, although even after 1 week, a marked reduction will be noticed. After just 2 weeks, the majority of bruises and most of the swelling will be gone, so patients will feel comfortable returning to work and their normal activities. Numbness may continue for several months as the healing process continues under the surface of the skin.
Why Are We Different?
Our clinic will book follow-up appointments for 1 year post- facelift surgery so that Dr. Torgerson can monitor the healing process. As previously stated, it is important to understand what to expect after a facelift procedure, and we highly recommend clearing your schedule completely for 2 weeks after surgery to aid the healing process. Although this may seem like a daunting task for a busy career person or someone with a full schedule, we are sure you will be delighted with the results of your facelift and extremely thankful that you made the sacrifice of your time. After all, the benefits of facelift surgery certainly outweigh the disadvantages. You will enjoy a revitalized face, the rejuvenation of your appearance, and the satisfaction of your own self-image.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can you add to your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.