Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
When a person begins to look in the mirror each day and see the inevitable evidence of aging, they can either panic or research what their options are.
People are now interested in looking their best at every age and, more than any previous generation, are investigating what alternatives facial cosmetic clinics can offer them. Dr. Cory Torgerson’s private laser centre in downtown Toronto offers clients much more than traditional cosmetic treatments. Alongside plastic surgery, Dr. Torgerson’s cosmetic clinic offers the best in non-surgical treatments, from Botox and injectable fillers to ultherapy and laser skin resurfacing – all effective tools in stalling the aging process.
Before And After Guidelines That Should Be Followed
Dr. Torgerson’s Laser Clinic
The task of deciding what facial cosmetic treatment would best suit your needs can be daunting now that there are so many choices. The perfect place to start is to book a private appointment at Dr. Torgerson’s laser clinic so that you can collaborate with him and come up with a plan of action that suits your budget, lifestyle, and aging concerns. With any surgery or facial cosmetic treatment, there are risks that must be discussed. That is why we recommend choosing an experienced, licenced professional like Dr. Torgerson as well as a facility that has been inspected. His facial cosmetic clinic has attained the highest level of certification offered by the CPSO. Because of this, any fears regarding the risk of cosmetic laser treatments will be immediately alleviated.
If you choose to pursue facial skin resurfacing, there are some before and after guidelines that should be followed in order to minimize risks. Prior to treatment, a client should stop smoking for several weeks, avoid the sun, and avoid supplements such as aspirin or ibuprofen. It must be mentioned that it is also important to follow the laser centre’s prescribed, after-care instructions in order to negate risks.
Gain The Incredible Benefits That Facial Skin Resurfacing Has To Offer You
Excellent Safety Record
When laser skin therapy was first offered (approximately 40 years ago), there was potential for facial burns, facial scarring, and unevenness in the treatment, which resulted in hypopigmentation, and finally, the potential for infection. The equipment that was used a generation ago looks archaic compared to the state-of-the-art, advanced instruments that are used today. Great improvements have been made in the science of laser technology as well. The depth of laser treatment, variations in laser beam pulses, and the types of light used in laser treatments have all advanced, making risks less and less likely. As a result, laser skin resurfacing now has an excellent safety record with decreased side effects. This type of therapy has soared in popularity over the last decade, which is evidence not only of its safety record, but also of the excellent results laser treatments can produce.
People concerned about aging lines and wrinkles are jumping on the laser bandwagon, and so are people concerned with complexion problems such as sun damage, rosacea, acne scarring, and uneven pigmentation. By following guidelines and trusting the expertise at a professional Toronto laser clinic, you too can gain the incredible benefits that facial skin resurfacing has to offer you!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.