The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
A mini facelift, also known as a minilift has been in practice for almost a century, with the first modern documentation of one in 1919.
Over the years, the mini facelift has evolved and is distinguished from a full facelift based on the length, type of incision, amount of dissection and type of lift. Excellent candidates for a mini facelift are younger patients with minor skin laxity concerns, requiring just a simple tuck.
Superficial Musculo-Aponeurotic System Method
The face-lifting technique used will depend on the patient’s aesthetic needs and the facial plastic surgeon’s preference. To achieve excellent results, appropriate use of the mini facelift is necessary. If the patient has large amounts of drooping skin, significant jowling, and deep creases, it can be difficult for a surgeon to re-drape the skin in a mini-lift and provide a commendable result. In these cases, a full facelift should be considered for a much better result. There are many types of facelift techniques. Most cosmetic surgeons tend to use the SMAS (superficial musculo-aponeurotic system) method; however, there are composite or deep-plane lifts and skin-only lifts. Other techniques can include the S-lift and S-Plus lift, which is a short-flap, short-scar method and a variation of the SMAS. There is also the MACS- lift, which stands for Minimal Access Cranial Suspension. Although your plastic surgeon can go into the details and philosophy of each mini facelift technique to help you understand the process, it is more important to choose a facial plastic surgeon who is qualified for the task at hand, has great experience, and is able to establish a good rapport with you, where you feel comfortable and well taken care of.
Shorter Recovery Period
Decreasing Possible Complications
If a patient is considered to be an appropriate candidate for a mini-lift, the benefits can be that there are limited incisions, as compared to a full facelift surgery. Also, there is reduced surgical time necessary to complete the operation, decreasing possible complications. Another advantage is that a mini facelift doesn’t always require general anaesthesia, so for patients who would like to opt out of general anesthesia and don’t tolerate it very well, this is a great alternative. A minilift also minimizes risks in terms of the limited access to facial nerves and less-extensive dissection as compared to a full facelift surgery. Because of this, the biggest advantage may be the shorter recovery period. Patients have less swelling and less surface area healing, so they are able to get back into their regular routine much sooner than a full facelift.
With a younger population seeking skin rejuvenation and facial tightening, who also desire to get back to their busy lives sooner, more and more patients are opting for the minilift. For the right candidate, a mini facelift can be a safe, quick, and effective was to make a fantastic aesthetic improvement to his or her aging face. If you are considering a minilift, please contact Dr. Cory Torgerson at his Toronto cosmetic surgery centre. Dr. Torgerson offers private appointments where you can discreetly discuss all the options available for facial rejuvenation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.