The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
When it comes to Toronto facelifts, there are many different techniques.
Since no two patients are the same, the technique that will work best for you is the one that will deliver the best results based on your condition and desired goals. Although each person’s “best” will be personalized, there are trends and medical advances being made that can optimize existing facelift techniques to make them more effective.
Avoiding Unnatural Results
In 2018, there has been a shift to less invasive facelifts and neck lifts involving smaller incisions and shorter scars. This allows patients to enjoy a faster recovery with less post-operative swelling and bruising than traditional techniques.
There has also been a trend away from extensive, more invasive techniques such as the deep plane facelift, which essentially involves a repositioning of the underlying facial musculature. Though this can be appropriate for dramatic, long-lasting results, focus has increased on an approach known as the MACS lift, which stands for minimal access, cranial suspension.
Plastic surgeons are now striving to achieve the most natural look possible following a facelift and necklift, which was not necessarily the focus in the past.
While traditionally fat grafting has often been used in conjunction with a Toronto facelift to fill out lines and wrinkles, there has been a shift away from this technique in 2018. Surgeons are now more commonly using long-lasting fillers such as Bellafill to replace skin volume loss rather than fat grafting. The reason for this shift is that fat grafting can often be unpredictable and also carries a risk of complications that end up requiring more work to fix.
The Life-changing Procedure
Types of Fillers
Fillers such as Bellafill are “permanent” types of fillers that offer predictable results and are generally less expensive than fat grafting. They are also less invasive, as they are injectable rather than surgical procedures.
Many patients choose a specific type of facelift only to come in for an evaluation with a facial plastic surgeon and discover that that type of lift is actually not the best one for them.
The most helpful way to determine which facelift technique is right for you is to have an in-depth consultation with an experienced facial plastic surgeon. It is also extremely important to choose a surgeon who not only specializes in plastic surgery, but specifically, facial surgery of the head and neck.
Since any type of face-lift is an invasive procedure, it is important that the face lift is performed by the hands of an experienced and highly skilled surgeon. Dr. Torgerson is well known as an leader in the facial plastic surgery industry. Working out of his state-of-the-art facility in downtown Toronto, he has performed numerous facelifts on Toronto clients. By conducting thorough assessments with patient comfort and goals at the forefront, he is able to devise a treatment plan for each patient that will get them safely closer to their aesthetic goals.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.