The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
Facelift surgery is soaring in popularity, and more and more people are considering the benefits.
One of the biggest considerations once a patient has decided to move ahead with cosmetic surgery is to figure out whether a full facelift or a minilift is best suited to them and their needs. Ideal candidates for a mini-facelift are typically in their 40s or 50s, whereas full facelift candidates are primarily 50 years old or more. Even patients in their 80s have been deemed healthy for facelift surgery and are enjoying the benefits of smoother, tighter skin.
Although a minilift has many advantages for younger patients, such as a shorter recovery time, less incisions and scarring, a reduced risk of complications, and decreased cost, it is not always the perfect choice when weighed against a full facelift.
The following are some of the main disadvantages of a mini-facelift:
1. The end result may not be as superior as a full facelift, depending on the patient’s amount of skin laxity, deep crease formation, and jowling that has started to occur. Full facelifts will provide a smooth and seamless flow from the top of the head down to the bottom of the neck, whereas a minilift will only target certain areas.
2. Limited access to the neck and the midface: Because the incisions are smaller and less invasive, the ability of the facial plastic surgeon to access the various areas of the neck and midface is limited. These limitations can result in a less-than-dramatic result and a change in the overall contouring of the neck and the jawline. This is why a mini facelift is a better option for younger male and female patients and full facelift surgery is a better choice for older patients.
3. Patients who choose a mini facelift may find themselves back sooner than expected for full facelift surgery. A mini facelift’s results can be expected to last only so long, as the aging process continues after surgery. One benefit of a full facelift is that patients can maintain the look for upwards of 15 years and will likely not have to return so soon afterwards for another nip and tuck.
Get A Full Facial Assessment
Full Facelift Or A Minilift
If you are thinking of pursuing either a full facelift or a minilift and would like to know which one you are a better candidate for, please contact our downtown Toronto cosmetic surgery office and book a free consultation with Dr. Torgerson. In the consultation, you will be able to have a full facial assessment, establish a possible surgical goal established, and obtain a personalized price quote. The cost of a facelift with Dr. Torgerson is all inclusive with no hidden fees. The upfront facelift cost includes the costs for the facility, surgeon, anaesthesiologist, nurses, pre-operative and post-operative care, and appointments.
All facelift surgery takes place in our fully approved and inspection out-of-hospital plastic surgery centre. With a highly qualified medical team of specialists, you will be in great hands for the duration of your facelift.
Contact Dr. Cory Torgerson’s facial cosmetic surgery centre to learn more about the facelift as a wonderfully effective plastic surgery method to aesthetically improving the aging face!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Fat Grafting
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Preparation
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Facelift Toronto
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can you add to your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.