The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
Toronto facelift patients get ready for the big day months ahead of time. Leading up to a transformative facial cosmetic surgery, you may feel a wide range of emotions from excitement to apprehension and from impatience to butterflies. We find the best way for our clients to make facelift recovery a breeze and calm nerves beforehand is to get all their questions answered, then get all their ducks in a row.
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Advanced Facial Rejuvenation Expertise
Dr. Cory Torgerson is renowned across the country for his advanced facial rejuvenation expertise. Whether you’re having a deep plane facelift, mini facelift, or even non-surgical, your instructions for a safe and comfortable recovery will be given comprehensively before you settle in at home. Our patients are also provided with Dr. Torgerson’s personal contact information so they can reach him after hours.
Even with thorough clinical preparation, it helps to have a handy reminder in the form of a checklist to prep yourself for a fantastic recovery. We’ve gathered 11 of our patient favourites to guide you on your revitalizing journey. * Bonus: They involve shopping!
1. Pet care and childcare
Most people prefer privacy while they heal. That means that the regular activity level and needs of young children could be a bit too much. If you have pets that require regular walking and care, or if you have an energetic dog that could jump on you, you’ll need help. Take a break via walking services, or even ask a friend to take your fur babies for a while. You’ll have a much more relaxing face lift recovery if you don’t need to worry about these physically demanding responsibilities.
You can certainly ask someone to go to the drugstore or pharmacy for you after surgery, but worries over running errands or not having the medication you need at the right time can create unnecessary stress. A stress-free recovery is a happy recovery.
5. Expect facial swelling – Help reduce it
Try to remember that these effects are temporary. If you keep your head and shoulders somewhat elevated with plenty of firm support in bed, you’ll reduce swelling quicker. Most people describe the discomfort after surgery as tight, but not particularly painful.
6. Recovery zone
8. Liquids and soft foods
9. Wet wipes
10. Cover incisions and scars
That means wearing sunblock whenever you’re outside and covering up with hats or scarves. You’re investing in a transformative, age-defying procedure that will smooth away years from your look. You’ll have fewer wrinkles and a youthful complexion, so doubling down on sun protection makes good sense, not just for your scars.
Rest assured, the recovery is long, but the eventual results will be worth it. If you have any questions or concerns, let your surgeon know. They care about how you feel as well as how you look. They’ll want to encourage you every step of the way.
To learn more about face lifts in Toronto, contact the Torgerson Clinic in Yorkville for a complimentary consultation. We’d love to meet you and help you reveal the confident new you.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Fat Grafting
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Preparation
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Facelift Toronto
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can you add to your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.