The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
Cosmetic surgery procedures are frequently associated with women, as traditionally women tend to be more concerned with maintaining their appearance than men.
However, as our society becomes more accepting of plastic surgery, more and more men are expressing an interest in cosmetic surgery and anti-aging treatments. In fact, since the year 2000, there has been a dramatic increase in the number of men choosing to undergo facial cosmetic surgery procedures. The Toronto facelift is popular with men too.
Objectives of Men Undergoing Facelift Surgery
What Is Facelift Surgery?
Facelift surgery, technically referred to as a rhytidectomy, is an elective cosmetic surgery procedure that works to reverse common signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, and loose, sagging skin on the face and neck. During the face-lift, which is typically performed under a general anesthetic, the plastic surgeon makes a series of small incisions extending from the temple to the ears to raise the skin and tighten the underlying muscles.
An increasing number of men are requesting Toronto facelift surgery to accomplish one or more of the following goals:
- Restore volume to the face, achieving a more youthful appearance
- Eradicate wrinkles and excess sagging skin, improving the facial contour
- Tighten the jawline by removing the excess fatty tissue that frequently develops beneath the chin
- Target wrinkles and fine lines before they become pronounced
- Boost confidence and self-esteem, improving personal and professional success
- Adjust the facial features in a way that is both subtle and natural
How to Ensure a Natural Outcome
Unique Needs of Male Patients
To ensure a natural outcome that is as inconspicuous as possible, the incisions are strategically placed along the hairline or within the natural crease of the skin. Excess fat and skin may also be trimmed or removed using liposuction. Next, the skin is re-draped and sutured closed. Depending on the patient’s goals, the face lift may be combined with a brow lift or neck lift to achieve more consistent results.
Although men have many of the same goals as women undergoing face lift surgery, male patients have a number of unique needs. In most cases, male patients want to maintain or achieve strong facial features, which are considered masculine. As a result, the surgeon needs to use different techniques to achieve natural results that maintain the patient’s masculine profile. That is why it is crucial to select a plastic surgeon who has extensive experience working with male face-lift patients.
To learn more about this procedure and to determine your candidacy for a facelift in Toronto, we welcome you to contact our clinic today to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Cory Torgerson, a renowned head and neck plastic surgeon. As a leading facial plastic surgeon in Toronto, Dr. Torgerson has years of experience and a sophisticated understanding of the unique needs of male patients. After listening to your goals for the procedure, Dr. Torgerson will develop a personalized treatment plan. With his innovative technique and sharp artistic eye, he will ensure that you achieve the youthful contour and natural outcome that you desire.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Facelift Cost
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.