The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
When it comes to maintaining a youthful appearance, there are more solutions available than ever before.
Injectable fillers to increase facial volume, neurotoxins to decrease small lines in the face, a plethora of lasers and skin peels to illuminate the complexion, not to mention-state-of-the-art creams to hydrate facial tissue. Although all of these methods offset the signs of aging, they are eventually trumped by wrinkles, fat loss, and fine lines, and the “gold standard” in facial cosmetic surgery may have to be employed to achieve the results you desire.
Removal Of Wrinkles By Surgery
Rhytidectomy – Facelift Gold Standard
The gold standard refers to a rhytidectomy, which is facelift surgery. Rhytis in Greek means “wrinkle”, and ectome means “excision” or “the removal of wrinkles by surgery”. Although many non-surgical methods delay the necessity of this operation, Dr. Cory Torgerson states that by the age of 59 or 60, this surgery may be the only way to maintain the look of youthful vitality that people desire. This is just a general rule, because there are many factors involved that determine when a rhytidectomy is a person’s only viable solution. Genetics, the amount of stress, and lifestyle choices all determine how quickly a person ages, and it may be necessary for some men or women to undergo facelift surgery at a much younger age.
Surgery facilities have been performing rhytidectomies for decades, and fortunately, operating methods have improved significantly over the years. Dr. Torgerson prefers to use the “open technique” method at his private surgery centre in Yorkville. He has determined that this technique produces longer-lasting results and a more thorough outcome for the patient. A tiny incision is made in front of the ears and along the hairline of the forehead. Dr. Torgerson uses his years of skill and artistry to ensure these incisions are not visible, but hidden from view. There are several steps involved in a rhytidectomy, but basically, the deep-skin tissue is tightened and draped in an upward motion, and then any excess fat that has accumulated is removed.
Results In A Person Appearing 10 Years Younger
The Number 10 Rule
It is recommended to book 2 weeks off work to heal sufficiently and feel comfortable in public. With the use of make-up, some patients are able to return to their normal schedule after only 1 week to 10 days. Pain medication will be prescribed and is usually necessary for the first 4 or 5 days post-op. Bruising and swelling, especially around the eyes and jowls, can be expected for the first week, after which the sutures will be removed.
The number 10 is the general rule for anyone thinking of a rhytidectomy because it usually results in a person appearing 10 years younger, and the improvements of the facelift can last 10 years and beyond. Dr. Torgerson emphasizes that this is a general rule and greatly depends on the facial care and skin maintenance that the patient practices afterwards.
If you have received many non-surgical treatments to maintain a fresh appearance but are concerned with the image you see in the mirror, perhaps a face lift consultation with Dr. Torgerson is the solution. In a private, confidential setting, he will assess your face and determine if facelift surgery would provide the outcome you are looking for.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.