Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
If you would like to learn more about the advantages of a mini-lift and find out if you are a compatible candidate, please contact our Toronto plastic surgery centre!
For individuals weighing the differences between a minilift and a full facelift, the considerations need to include age, skin laxity, jowls, overall health, and a variety of other factors. A facial plastic surgeon will be able to help you consider all the options during a consultation; however, here are some of the main advantages of a minilift, which can help guide the decision-making process.
1. Reduced surgery time
While optimal outcomes should never be sacrificed for the sake of speed, reduced time spent in the operating room decreases possible operative and post-operative complications. The less time a facelift takes, the less anesthesia is required, thereby reducing the inherent risk of the facial plastic surgery. Minimizing the cosmetic surgeon’s time and requiring less anesthesia will also reduce the cost of minilift, which can be an important consideration for many patients.
2. Limited scarring
A minilift typically accesses the midface, jawline, and neck areas. The incisions are more limited than a full facelift, therefore creating less scarring lines. With a full facelift, sometimes a patient may feel the need to wear their hair in a certain way to cover the markings; however, with a minilift surgery, patients will be afforded more flexibility with how they wear their hair in the future.
With a mini-lift, patients can opt to have their facial plastic surgery procedure performed without general anaesthesia. This is great news for those who do not tolerate anaesthesia very well and experience post-operative vomiting and nausea. The facial plastic surgeon you choose will be able to discern which option is best for you to achieve optimal results.
4. Minimized risk
Because performing a mini-lift is less invasive than a full facelift, the risks of damaging the greater auricular nerve is reduced. The method of limited incisions and accessibility means that there will likely be less post-operative swelling, bleeding, or bruising.
5. Shorter recovery
Undergoing a mini lift means a shorter recovery time. Patients who need to be back at work quickly or have a busy social schedule will favour this option and appreciate the decreased recovery time. Typically, a mini lift requires only 5 to 7 days of rest time, compared to 7 to 14 days for a full facelift.
The right type of cosmetic surgeon
If you are exploring the options of a mini-lift as compared to a full facelift, make sure that you also explore the right type of cosmetic surgeon to perform your plastic surgery. A facial plastic surgeon is a cosmetic doctor that is an expert strictly in the head and neck. Focusing on the head and neck area means that the specialty area is concentrated and the surgeon is extremely familiar with facelift procedures (one of the most popular and common facial cosmetic surgeries). General plastic surgeons are those who do mainly body work such as breast implants, liposuction, or Brazilian butt lifts. It is best to choose a qualified expert for the specific cosmetic surgery that you are considering.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.