Toronto Facelift – You Have Many Options
The main types of facelifts are mini facelifts, deep plane, and full-face lifts.
As with any plastic surgery, Dr. Torgerson is a firm believer that a Toronto facelift should also be tailored to a patient’s individual needs. Many patients are surprised to learn that there are different options when it comes to this age-defying procedure.
The Benefits of Facelifts
Types of Facelifts
Mini facelifts have been gaining recognition in the plastic surgery industry in recent years. They are a less extensive version of the full lift, and they target only the areas that require attention. This type of facelift is typically suitable for skin that shows minimal sagging. The most common areas treated in a mini facelift are the jowls, cheeks, and nasolabial folds.
One of the major benefits of a mini facelift is that typically only one week of downtime is required. Since the surgery is also less invasive, using smaller incisions than a full facelift, it can usually be performed under local anaesthesia. The ideal candidates for a mini facelift are usually people who have just begun to exhibit the visible signs of aging around the cheeks, jaw, and neck area.
A deep plane facelift is a surgery that involves repositioning the sagging facial tissues involved in facial aging. This type of facelift is typically most effective in restoring midface and nasolabial folds as well as recreating a smooth neckline. A deep plane facelift is an advanced version of the traditional full facelift where the entire face is essentially lifted by repositioning the deep tissue layers. Since there is no pulled skin involved in this type of procedure, it often delivers more natural-looking results. Normally the results are also longer-lasting than other types of facelifts.
The Optimal Age for a Face-lift
A Full Facelift
Following a deep plane facelift, patients are usually able to return to work and their regular day-to-day activities in around two weeks.
A full Toronto facelift traditionally addresses all areas of concern on the face. During a full facelift, the skin is tightened and repositioned in the upper, middle, and lower sections of the face, and excess fat is also removed, if required. This procedure is more invasive than a mini lift and is performed under general anaesthesia. Although bruising and swelling typically minimize in around 7 to 10 days following the procedure, two weeks of rest are recommended to allow the body to heal.
The optimal age for a full face-lift is generally around 45 to 50, as it aims to address the visible signs of aging as soon as possible for patients to enjoy long-lasting results.
In addition to the different types of Toronto facelifts you can choose from, many patients also prefer to add other procedures to the surgery to enhance their results. For instance, lip augmentations, lip lifts, brow lifts, and chin augmentations are all types of treatments that can be combined with a facelift to achieve optimal results.
To determine which Toronto facelift is right for you, the first step is to schedule a consultation with an experienced facial plastic surgeon. At Dr. Torgerson’s Facial Plastic Surgery Clinic in Toronto, all treatment plans are customized with patient comfort at the forefront to ensure that your goals are met in the safest way possible.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Facelift Toronto
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.