What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
A facelift surgery will be performed in a private cosmetic surgery centre or in a hospital.
A patient can expect that a mini facelift may take up to 4 hours of surgical time, whereas a full facelift will take longer, depending on the other surgical procedures that it encompasses. This is because a full facelift will often include eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), a neck lift, and/or a browlift.
Maintaining Your Comfort Throughout The Facelift Procedure
Upon arrival on the day of surgery, a patient will be greeted by an administrator or surgical coordinator and directed to the care of the nurses. The patient will check in and complete some routine paperwork and change into a surgical gown. The presiding anaesthesiologist will also greet the patient and go over some mandatory pre-anaesthesia questions and information. The facial plastic surgeon should take facial photos before the surgery for documentation purposes. He or she will also mark your skin as a guide to where the incisions will occur.
You will receive medication to maintain your comfort throughout the facelift procedure. Often general anaesthesia is used, and an anaesthetist will be present the entire time to carefully monitor and administer the sedatives and anaesthetic.
A properly equipped and safe surgical facility will have various monitors and surgical equipment present to check your pulse, blood pressure, oxygen levels, and heart rate throughout the surgery. Your facial plastic surgeon will use the surgical plan discussed and agreed upon during your consultations and employ various techniques to ensure you achieve the best facelift results.
After the surgery is complete, you will be taken into a recovery area with recovery beds. Nurses will closely monitor your progress and stabilization. Any incisions will be covered with a head dressing and bandage that will provide gentle pressure to help diminish swelling and bruising. Sometimes a small tube may be used to help drain any excess fluid or blood. This is normal.
Recovey Facility Options
Prior to the surgery, you will have arranged to be discharged into the care of either a friend or a family member once you are ready. Typically, recovery time at the surgical facility is half the length of your actual surgery. So if your facelift was 6 hours long, you could expect to stay in recovery approximately 3 hours or until your facial cosmetic surgeon determines that you can be discharged.
Other options that you can pre-arrange with your cosmetic centre include home care under the watchful eye of a certified nurse. You may also choose the option of staying at the private surgical facility overnight,if it is offered as an option. It is Ontario regulation that 2 nurses supervise your overnight care until you are ready to leave for home the following day. Not all facilities offer this option.
Once you are released from the care of your surgeon, you should be provided with an emergency contact phone number to use any time of day or night so that you can recover knowing that you have access to medical advice and help throughout the recovery process.
If you are planning a facelift, please contact our office to set up a confidential consultation with Dr. Torgerson where you can go over the process in detail and receive a personalized and tailored quote for how much a facelift will cost.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Fat Grafting
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Facelift FAQs
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.