What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
A facelift surgery will be performed in a private cosmetic surgery centre or in a hospital.
A patient can expect that a mini facelift may take up to 4 hours of surgical time, whereas a full facelift will take longer, depending on the other surgical procedures that it encompasses. This is because a full facelift will often include eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), a neck lift, and/or a browlift.
Maintaining Your Comfort Throughout The Facelift Procedure
Upon arrival on the day of surgery, a patient will be greeted by an administrator or surgical coordinator and directed to the care of the nurses. The patient will check in and complete some routine paperwork and change into a surgical gown. The presiding anaesthesiologist will also greet the patient and go over some mandatory pre-anaesthesia questions and information. The facial plastic surgeon should take facial photos before the surgery for documentation purposes. He or she will also mark your skin as a guide to where the incisions will occur.
You will receive medication to maintain your comfort throughout the facelift procedure. Often general anaesthesia is used, and an anaesthetist will be present the entire time to carefully monitor and administer the sedatives and anaesthetic.
A properly equipped and safe surgical facility will have various monitors and surgical equipment present to check your pulse, blood pressure, oxygen levels, and heart rate throughout the surgery. Your facial plastic surgeon will use the surgical plan discussed and agreed upon during your consultations and employ various techniques to ensure you achieve the best facelift results.
After the surgery is complete, you will be taken into a recovery area with recovery beds. Nurses will closely monitor your progress and stabilization. Any incisions will be covered with a head dressing and bandage that will provide gentle pressure to help diminish swelling and bruising. Sometimes a small tube may be used to help drain any excess fluid or blood. This is normal.
Recovey Facility Options
Prior to the surgery, you will have arranged to be discharged into the care of either a friend or a family member once you are ready. Typically, recovery time at the surgical facility is half the length of your actual surgery. So if your facelift was 6 hours long, you could expect to stay in recovery approximately 3 hours or until your facial cosmetic surgeon determines that you can be discharged.
Other options that you can pre-arrange with your cosmetic centre include home care under the watchful eye of a certified nurse. You may also choose the option of staying at the private surgical facility overnight,if it is offered as an option. It is Ontario regulation that 2 nurses supervise your overnight care until you are ready to leave for home the following day. Not all facilities offer this option.
Once you are released from the care of your surgeon, you should be provided with an emergency contact phone number to use any time of day or night so that you can recover knowing that you have access to medical advice and help throughout the recovery process.
If you are planning a facelift, please contact our office to set up a confidential consultation with Dr. Torgerson where you can go over the process in detail and receive a personalized and tailored quote for how much a facelift will cost.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can you add to your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.