Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
There is a myth in society that facelifts are reserved only for women.
The truth is, both men and women are interested in their appearance and desire to look as youthful as possible. Both genders are potential facelift candidates. Most people who investigate the options available to them are unhappy about the aging process and the changes that are occurring in their face. Because the skin and the underlying tissues lose their natural elasticity as we age, sagging inevitably occurs. These changes and outcomes can result in anxiety and low self-esteem in some people. Others simply want a change on the outside to more closely model the youthfulness they still feel on the inside.
Booking An Appointment With Dr. Cory Torgerson
Facial Plastic Surgery Consultation
Anyone interested in facelift surgery should begin by booking an appointment with Dr. Cory Torgerson. In a private, discreet setting at his downtown Toronto office, the patient can discuss their concerns and discover the amazing results a facelift provides via the Yorkville clinic’s 3-D VECTRA Imaging System. The client’s pictures are taken, and images of possible post-op results are studied and can be decided upon. Many factors are taken into account at this facial plastic surgery consultation such as the amount of sagging and laxity of the skin, the quality of the skin, the age of the client, and the length of time required to heal after a facelift. If a person is not able to take 2 weeks off of their busy schedule for the healing process to take place, perhaps a mini-facelift would suit their needs. It is necessary to balance the results a client desires with a realistic understanding of the healing process. Basically, if there are less issues, only minor correction is necessary, requiring less downtime. If there are more concerns, a full facelift is likely to be recommended, requiring longer downtime. During the consultation, Dr. Torgerson can review before and after pictures of his previous facelift clients. This allows a complete understanding of the outcome a facelift can provide.
Dr. Torgerson And His Staff At The Toronto Surgery Centre
It is necessary for the ideal candidate to be in good overall health and to be prepared emotionally to undergo surgery. Dr. Torgerson and his staff at the Toronto Surgery Centre will have any potential facelift candidate take some medical tests such as blood tests, a chest x-ray, and a possible ECG just to ensure that the patient is in optimal condition to undergo general anaesthesia. It is essential that the patient is prepared to rearrange their schedule in order to allow the recovery time prescribed. For best results, clients who undergo facelift surgery should also be prepared to follow post-operative advice, which Dr. Torgerson’s office will go over with any client in great detail.
Lastly, the ideal candidate for facelift surgery should have realistic expectations. It is irrational to think that an operation will turn the clock back and make them look 20 years old. The truth is, this facial plastic surgery operation will definitely take years off, make a client look more youthful, and most of all, restore self-confidence. Dr. Torgerson’s operating skills and years of experience in facial plastic surgery allow him to produce incredibly natural-looking results. His facelift patients are always very pleased they made the decision to entrust their face to his hands.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Facelift Toronto
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.