Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
In recent years, facial cosmetic surgery in Toronto has seen some interesting advances that are allowing facelifts to look more natural than ever.
In the world of cosmetic surgery, trends and techniques are constantly evolving. One of the most common concerns among facelift patients is that they could end up with obvious and unnatural-looking results. Although this was a valid concern in the past, modern facelift techniques are much less aggressive and focus on more subtle and natural-looking results as opposed to a plasticky, “done” look. Rather than trying to make a patient’s face look completely different, modern facelifts aim to simply restore a youthful look by subtly addressing the visible signs of aging.
Although using Botox and filler is a common practice in facial cosmetics to add volume to an aging face, it can result in a bloated and unnatural look when overdone. As the emphasis has shifted to more natural-looking results in recent years, surgeons are using Botox and filler more conservatively than before.
The surgical techniques used to support and elevate the face have also evolved with the recent trends. Traditionally, facial surgeons would pull the facial skin tight and then trim away the excess skin. The results of this type of procedure were often the pulled back and unnatural look that most patients want to avoid today. Most patients considering facial cosmetic surgery in Toronto are looking for extremely subtle results where it is almost impossible to pinpoint what is different about them except that they look better. To achieve this, surgeons are now using varying incision lengths and sizes, depending on the patient’s facial features, to actually reposition the facial features to where they originally sat.
How to Avoid a Lumpy Look?
Selecting a Highly Skilled Surgeon
The advances in facial cosmetic surgery have also extended to the neck and hairline area to help make the results look more cohesive. One of the most telltale features of a poorly executed facelift is a lumpy look along the neck and jawline. To avoid this, a skilled surgeon will determine the right amount of liposuction to use in the neck area so that the skin looks smooth and natural.
For the hairline, there is now an increased focus on designing the incisions so as to not disturb the natural hairline. In doing so, surgeons can avoid yet another telltale sign of a bad facelift: an unnatural-looking hairline.
Despite the advanced techniques being used today, the only real way to ensure that you are getting the most natural-looking results is by selecting a highly skilled surgeon. Choose a surgeon who has had specialized training in facelift surgery so that they have the necessary training and experience to provide optimal results. When it comes to facial cosmetic surgery in Toronto, Dr. Cory Torgerson is renowned. As a highly trained facial plastic surgeon, he is one of the few doctors in Canada to have his MD, PhD, and FRCSC. As a result, his years of experience with a focus on the head and neck area have allowed him to hone his ability to provide the most natural-looking outcomes.
To find out more about how you can benefit from facial cosmetic surgery, we welcome you to contact our Yorkville clinic to set up a private consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.