Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
Cosmetic plastic surgery has surged in popularity over the last 20 years, and there is no indication that its prevalence will slow down anytime soon.
It seems that Baby Boomers and Millennials alike have an insatiable desire to look and feel their best…and why not? Boomers have worked hard, have raised their family, and now have more disposable income to spend on themselves. Millennials are driving the increases too due to social media and celebrities popularizing certain procedures. Each year we wait in anticipation to read the statistics on what were the most popular facial plastic procedures. Are we just curious . . . or are we secretly considering a little procedure ourselves? This plastic surgery trends list allows us to see what the rest of the world is doing in the facial cosmetic surgeon’s office.
A Nose Job, better known as rhinoplasty surgery, is first on the list. Concern about the size, shape, and proportion of the nose seems to be top of mind for North Americans. It is the central feature on our face, and it is obviously central in importance as well. Dr. Cory Torgerson is considered a rhinoplasty expert. He has achieved certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in not only facial plastic surgery, but also in ear, nose, and throat surgery (otolaryngology) as well. His expertise has also gained him notoriety performing revision rhinoplasty surgery.
Eyelid Surgery, also known as a blepharoplasty, comes in at number 2 in popularity. As we age, eyelids may become fatty, begin to sag, and form hoods over our eyes. In some cases, “hooding” can advance and even affect eyesight. A blepharoplasty removes excess skin and fat from the eyelid and restores a fresher, rejuvenated appearance. A lower blepharoplasty can also remove the tired-looking bags from beneath a person’s eye, creating a more awake and refreshed appearance.
A Facelift, also known as rhytidectomy surgery, is number 3 on the list of the most popular facial plastic surgeries. Deep tissues of the skin are tightened, and excess fat is removed in the upper, middle, and lower sections of the face. Because there are so many non-invasive methods to tighten skin and smooth out wrinkles, people are pursuing facelifts at a later age than ever before.
Mini-Facelifts are becoming increasingly popular to target specific areas of the face that are causing concern. The middle area, consisting of the jowls, cheeks, and nasalabial folds (lines between the nose and mouth) cause the most anxiety. A mini face lift requires less downtime and, of course, is less expensive than a full facelift.
Chin Implant surgery is number 5 on the list of top facial cosmetic procedures. People who are unhappy with their profile or have a backward-sloped chin often request this surgery. It is an extremely easy procedure that can be performed while the patient is under local anaesthetic. Chin implants are extremely popular with the Asian population.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.