Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
So, you’ve heard of non-surgical, injectable rhinoplasty? Dr. Torgerson’s patients and Toronto facial plastic surgeons are a buzz over the minimally invasive nose job using hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers. Keep reading for a side-by-side comparison of injectable nose jobs and rhinoplasty.
If you’re looking into options for your own nose enhancement, you’ll come across details, pros, and cons for various approaches, and you’ll need to decide which one suits you best. Should you have a classic rhinoplasty surgery? Dr. Torgerson is a facial cosmetic surgery specialist dedicated to procedures of the head and neck. He performs a great deal of rhinoplasty surgery in Toronto. He also appreciates the many benefits that non-surgical enhancement methods can provide.
Skilled dermal filler that is injected to contour facial features is an art form. When it comes to comparing these two popular patient favourites, injectables and rhinoplasty, a rhinoplasty surgeon can let you know how they match up.
Surgical and Injectable Nose Jobs Are Not The Same?
You may hear both these procedures referred to as rhinoplasty, but they’re quite different. Rhinoplasty surgery is an operation designed to change the nasal tissue and, as a result, improve the appearance of the nose. It’s ideally performed by an experienced facial plastic surgeon who dedicates their practice to this and other facial specialties. When planning a rhinoplasty, Dr. Torgerson considers everything from the size and shape of facial features, gender, ethnicity, skin thickness, and even age. Using the art of rhinoplasty, Dr. Torgerson can customize a subtle or dramatic change.
Conversely, injectable rhinoplasty is done without surgical incisions and doesn’t require an operating room or a surgeon. However, it should be done by an experienced doctor. Because facial plastic surgeons have extensive understanding of facial anatomy, they make ideal practitioners for this challenging procedure. As simple as it may sound, injecting dermal fillers into the nose comes with risks and considerations that your rhinoplasty surgeon will be equipped to walk you through.
What types of changes can each nose job achieve?
Dr. Torgerson’s rhinoplasty patients can have minor or significant aesthetic changes made to their nose. Surgery can decrease the size of a feature through tissue removal. The cartilage can also be built up and reinforced using your own tissue or nasal implants.
Typical areas of focus for surgical nose job patients include improving a bulbous or droopy tip, reducing a dorsal bump (dorsal hump), decreasing or widening the nostrils, and changing the rotation of the tip. People who feel that their nose is too prominent or crooked or who wish to see a straighter nose profile can benefit from surgery. As well, people who have sustained an injury like a nose break may choose surgery to reconstruct and improve the contours of their nose.
Conversely, non-surgical rhinoplasty using dermal fillers cannot decrease the size of a nose. The changes achieved are subtler, but they do satisfy some aesthetic goals. These include creating the appearance of a straighter nose through sculpting with HA filler under the skin’s surface, adding HA gel to the tip for an upturned appearance, or minimizing the look of a “hump” by adding filler to camouflage it. Many people are bothered by small imperfections on the nose, and in these cases, the nose filler option can often satisfy their goals. The addition of HA can’t decrease nose size or alter nostrils.
Can non-surgical rhinoplasty improve breathing?
Do both methods of rhinoplasty with Dr. Torgerson require general anaesthetic?
Rhinoplasty surgery does require a general anaesthetic, because it’s a more invasive and complicated procedure. The patient is put gently to sleep in a surgical operating room, and the entire process takes 1 to 3 hours on average. Depending on the specifics of your case, it may be possible to perform the nose job using local anaesthetics and IV sedation too. Dr. Torgerson’s rhinoplasty approach is usually the closed method, using incisions inside the nose.
What’s the difference between injectable nose job prices and rhinoplasty prices?
Injectable fillers for the nose will cost significantly less, though the effects are temporary. People who want a low-commitment change and appreciate subtle, natural-looking options may gravitate to the surgery-free choice. A benefit to injectable rhinoplasty with Dr. Torgerson is that you can test-drive the look of surgical changes in some cases. Patients appreciate becoming accustomed to the alterations that they want before committing to surgery.
If you’re interested in learning more about either of these top cosmetic choices, Dr. Torgerson’s rhinoplasty expertise is available to guide you. At his consultations, patients can learn, ask questions, and consider all of the beautiful options. Contact us today and get started!
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How To Prepare For Rhinoplasty Consultation
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose Job Alternatives: What Can You Do Instead Of Rhinoplasty
- Nose Job Reviews and Rhinoplasty Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.