Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
Toronto rhinoplasty surgeons are some of the best in the world. When you’ve decided it’s time for a nose job, you’ll likely put much thought into choosing the right expert. After all, rhinoplasty before and after results are forever. You’re right to consider the vital research and planning that goes into rhinoplasty.
Dr. Torgerson is a leading facial plastic surgeon and specializes in this challenging and rewarding procedure. We’ve gathered some of his favourite tips and suggestions regarding essential planning for your best outcome.
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Here are a few steps that rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto will usually suggest to help you prepare for your own surgery:
- Search for a rhinoplasty specialist in your area
- Schedule an in-person consultation
- Make sure you have realistic expectations and are in good health
- Schedule both the rhinoplasty surgery and the recovery time
Let’s look at these rhinoplasty surgeon’s suggestions
Dr. Cory Torgerson
1. Search for a rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto
The changes made during a nasal surgery are intended to be precise, both subtle and impactful. We suggest that you review rhinoplasty before and after photos, find out how often your surgeon performs this operation, and ensure that they’re accredited with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
2. Schedule a rhinoplasty consultation
3. Health and expectations before a nose surgery
Are your expectations healthy? This is a crucial factor for satisfaction with outcomes. The key with any cosmetic surgery is that the patient must understand that it’s not about perfection. You can’t have a “perfect” nose, and you can’t have someone else’s, unfortunately. What you can have is a measurable improvement, decreased abnormalities or issues, and a more refined, balanced, and proportionate nose. If your nose is crooked, your rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto can make it straighter. If it is large, they can make it smaller. Noses are slimmed, upturned, reshaped, and rejuvenated. Patients are happiest with their outcomes when they think in terms of these improvements, not an unattainable idea of “perfect”.
4. Schedule your rhinoplasty surgery and ample recovery time after
You’ll need to avoid bending over, lifting anything heavy, working out, and any other strenuous actions for a few weeks following your procedure. That means you may need help around the house, and if your work is physically demanding, you’ll need to modify your responsibilities for a time.
Additionally, even though you might feel surprisingly good, you’ll be swollen and bruised for roughly 14 days. The bridge of the nose, cheeks, and under eyes are often puffy, and you’ll have a bandage over your nose for 1 to 2 weeks. Most people like to hide out at home until most of the obvious inflammation has resolved, and that’s the magic 2-week mark. We find that planning your procedure when it’s convenient and beneficial to you works best along with a realistic expectation of downtime afterwards.
Keep in mind: full rhinoplasty recovery time requires patience. Your rhinoplasty surgeon will tell you to expect the new nose to take shape within a month or two. You’ll see much improvement by then, but the delicate nasal tissue holds on to residual swelling for a long while, and you’ll need several months before you’re ready for the final after photos.
Being well prepared for any cosmetic procedure usually results in ideal outcomes. You can feel free to ask as many questions as you need and take your time with the planning so you feel entirely comfortable.
Consult with Dr. Cory Torgerson
As one of the leading facial plastic surgeons in Toronto, Canada, Dr. Torgerson has an approach to rhinoplasty that is innovative and highly personalized. Drawing on the highest level of facial and nasal plastic surgery experience, he can create beautifully enhanced noses for patients of all ages and backgrounds. We welcome you to visit us for your consultation. Let’s talk about the exciting possibilities that await you.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How To Prepare For Rhinoplasty Consultation
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose Job Alternatives: What Can You Do Instead Of Rhinoplasty
- Nose Job Reviews and Rhinoplasty Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.