Saddle Nose Deformity
A Saddle Nose Deformity is a type of nasal deformity that received its name because the person’s nasal profile is concave, similar to a saddle.
The bridge of the nose has collapsed, causing it to be flat in appearance. Medically, this is known as a depressed nasal dorsum. The most common cause of saddle nose is due to an impact, but it can also be caused from cocaine abuse and other medical conditions such as congenital syphilis and polychondritis (a nasal cartilage condition).
Resore breathing and make your nasal airways function normally again
Boxer or Pug Nose
Whether it is due to trauma or another condition, the result is a loss of nasal height, because the bone and cartilage have been affected. This compromises nasal support, can cause airway obstruction, and lastly, alters a person’s appearance. Saddle nose deformity causes the top half of the nose to look flat but creates a bulbous tip and a recessed upper lip. This is why it is also known as a boxer nose or pug nose.
No matter what the cause of saddle nose, there is no need for the candidate to despair – there are possibilities available if you are a suitable candidate. Great advances in facial plastic surgery have been made in the last 50 years, and by choosing a rhinoplasty expert such as Dr. Cory Torgerson, your nose can be reshaped and restored. Not only would correction be important for you aesthetically, but it would also help your breathing, and your nasal airways could function normally again.
The flattened nose is caused by a fractured or worn septum. This is the wall separating the two sides of the nose, which consists of fragile cartilage, bone, and soft tissues. To repair the nose, this septum must be reconstructed surgically. If there is too much damage to the septum and not enough material for the surgeon to work with, it may be necessary to use an implant. A surgical implant adds height to the bridge, reducing the flattened look, and opens up the airway.
Dr. Torgerson may have to do an endoscopic nasal examination to correctly assess the needs of the candidate
Saddle nose deformity requires the skilled Surgeon
It is necessary to book a consultation with a specialist so that the extent of the damage can be assessed and it can be determined whether the septum can be repaired or whether an implant is needed.
An implant is made of biomedical material, which interacts with living cells. Dr. Torgerson prefers to use 3D Gore-Tex implants because they incorporate well into existing tissue, which reduces the risk of shifting. He is able to customize each implant to the exact size and shape necessary to accomplish the desired result.
Saddle nose deformity requires the skill of an otolaryngologist (an ear, nose, and throat specialist) to correct breathing difficulties, as well as the talent of an experienced facial plastic surgeon to restore the nose aesthetically. Finding a surgeon with both of these qualifications in Canada is rare, but Dr. Torgerson has not only attained both certifications, he has also gained notoriety in each genre.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?