Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
The goal of facial masculinization surgery is to alter the feminine features of the face into an idealistic masculine appearance
Facial masculinization procedures can be carried out in conjunction with other procedures or as a stand-alone procedure by a qualified, experienced facial cosmetic surgeon. The type of procedure and the changes in the bone and tissue are specific to each individual case.
Nose Harmony With Facial Features
What is Facial Masculinization Surgery?
Masculinization surgery has many considerations that must be assessed by your plastic surgeon to ensure that harmony and balance are achieved optimally without counteracting the goal of increasing masculinity. Common facial masculinization procedures include:
A rhinoplasty can make the biggest impact on the appearance of the face, as it is positioned right in the center and is often the focal point of the face. Genetics are sometimes favourable in people with a well-proportioned nose shape and size matching the rest of their face. However, not everyone is fortunate to have a well-balanced nose. Men with abnormalities or irregularities on their nose have the option of a rhinoplasty to help masculinize the appearance of their nose. Rhinoplasty is often the first choice for people who want to make changes to the appearance of their face. A rhinoplasty can make several enhancing modifications to the nose such as a better projection, improved side profile, balanced nostrils, a reduced bulbous tip, and the removal of any bumps or humps on the nose. Moreover, a rhinoplasty procedure can improve breathing functionality when a septoplasty is incorporated into the procedure.
Facial Balance & Masculinization Surgery
A chin implant is an ideal procedure that can dramatically masculinize the lower face. Men who are slightly overweight with an underdeveloped chin may begin to see the signs of laxity in their lower face, known as the “turkey neck”, as they age. A chin implant is customized to the shape and size of the face to create a balanced, harmonious lower face that is suited to the proportions of the rest of the face. It is common to get a chin implant procedure as well as neck and jaw liposuction to optimally enhance and masculinize the lower face.
Otoplasty can considerably improve self-esteem in men because of the high visibility of the ears in male hairstyles. Men with short hair can get an otoplasty or “ear-pinning” procedure that decreases the projection of the ears by removing excess tissue and cartilage from the back of the ears for an improved, well-balanced appearance. Otoplasty procedures are primarily cosmetic. However, they can significantly contribute to the overall masculinization of the head.
Facial Hair Transplant
Facial hair transplant procedures such as eyebrow, moustache, and beard hair transplant procedures can be performed with the follicular unit extraction (FUE) method. The FUE method involves harvesting individual follicles from a donor site, usually in the back of the head, where the healthiest hairs are located. The extracted hair follicles are then counted for accuracy and prepared for transplantation. Each individual hair follicle is strategically transplanted according to the design agreed upon with the surgeon. FUE hair transplant procedure results are truly permanent and yield highly satisfactory feedback from patients. The scars are minimally invasive, and the patient’s own hair is used during the procedure, which increases efficacy in the results with lower occurrence of failed transplanted hair sites.
If you are interested in surgical facial masculinization procedures, contact our clinic to determine the procedures that are the most suited to the enhancements you want.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?