Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
When you are planning nose reshaping in Toronto, you’ll have a to-do list, a try-to-do list, and an avoid-at-all-costs list! Most people know that they need to plan ahead, research, and prepare for surgery and recovery. What they might not realize is that nose reshaping in Toronto can be a less positive experience if you’re faced with unexpected setbacks. We’ll tell you how to overcome 5 obstacles so that you have nose reshaping success.
You’ll enjoy viewing rhinoplasty before and after photos online to isolate the look you’re after and the surgical specialist you’ll choose. Those images can be helpful, but they don’t tell the whole story. How can you ensure that you’re prepared for the reality and limitations of rhinoplasty, select the best surgeon for your nose job, and have a comfortable nose-reshaping recovery? Keep reading . . .
Nose Reshaping Surgeon
Dr. Cory Torgerson
1. The Toronto nose-reshaping surgeon you choose makes a critical difference
Nose enhancement often carries a high degree of technical difficulty with it. Patients choose nose reshaping in Toronto for a multitude of reasons. Sometimes only very minor changes or invisible, functional improvements are desired. Nevertheless, regardless of how dramatic the change appears, the level of complexity within the nose can be unpredictable and require advanced skill to carry out well.
The expert you choose should be a dedicated facial surgeon who focuses their practice on the head and neck, especially the nose. The more often they carry out that procedure, the more finely tuned their skill will be.
Potential problems you could face with a poor surgeon choice include:
- Poorly placed incisions and visible scarring
- Delayed healing
- Excessive removal of cartilage and bone from the nose bridge
- Damage to the nasal tip cartilage
- Loss of nasal structural support
- Poor use of grafts
- Infection or delayed healing
There are risks inherent to any procedure, and even the best rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto will have a small percentage of inevitable complications or unsatisfying results. This can be emotionally stressful for patients, but significant worry can be mitigated through careful planning and the deep knowledge that advanced training surgeons use to manage the issues.
An experienced facial plastic surgeon who practices a substantial number of nose jobs will provide you with complete, comprehensive instructions and details about your procedure so that you know exactly what to expect and what to do. Dr. Cory Torgerson is a Toronto nose-reshaping surgeon who believes in the benefits of patient empowerment and education. He offers consultations to listen to his patients and plan custom rhinoplasty.
2. Prevent revision nose shaping disappointment
Secondary rhinoplasty is more challenging than first-time procedures, and scar tissue or internal deformities are unpredictable to work with. Avoid winding up with disappointment after your revision by choosing a specialized facial plastic surgeon with reconstructive and revision experience.
3. Plan to take more time off than you want
4. Keep your head elevated
While healing after nose-reshaping surgery, you can expect swelling to set in within the first 24 hours. Most people describe the discomfort after rhinoplasty as facial pressure, congestion, and tightness. One thing that makes inflammation in the face more extreme is the force of gravity. If you lay flat or bend over during the first week or two, you’ll feel it. It will most likely hurt, and bending over or heavy lifting can even lead to bleeding because of the increased blood pressure it brings to the face. While sleeping at night, you’ll need to arrange your bed so that the mattress is lifted or have a solid stack of firm pillows to prop up the head and shoulders. Failing to do this can lead to prolonged swelling and discomfort. Aim for roughly a 40% angle. Don’t forget to set up another lounge area somewhere in your home so you can recover in more than one place. Do all the lifting and arranging before your surgery, and you’ll be set to come home and rest.
5. Plan to have realistic expectations for nose reshaping limitations
Your consultation is the best way to prepare for avoiding obstacles and getting the most out of your nose reshaping in Toronto. We welcome you to call or write Dr. Torgerson for a consultation of your own.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?