Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
To achieve the results a patient desires, implants may need to be used when performing rhinoplasty cosmetic surgery.
These implants are an excellent way to augment the dorsum, or bridge, of the nose when the candidate feels their nose is too flat or crooked. Asian rhinoplasty or African-American rhinoplasty are two surgeries where implants are quite commonly used.
Materials Have Been Used As Implants In Rhinoplasty Surgery
Dr. Torgerson has extensive experience performing both types of c in downtown Toronto at his private surgery centre. Typically, augmentation is achieved by using the person’s own cartilage, a silicone implant, or a Gore-Tex implant. Although these are the three options available, Dr. Torgerson’s preference is the 3D GoreTex implant.
Cartilage from a person’s ear can be used, but this causes an extra incision as well as another area that needs to heal. Most experienced facial plastic surgeons agree that this cartilage is too flimsy to produce the desired long-term effect. Human cartilage also has the potential to shrink and contract, thus altering the results of surgery.
Both silicone and Gore-Tex are man-made synthetic materials and have been used as implants in rhinoplasty surgery. Silicone is more prone to infection than Goretex, and the nasal tissues heal around the implant rather than incorporating into the tissues like Goretex. Silicone is a denser material, and there have been cases where the implant has protruded through the skin of the patient, especially if their skin is naturally thin.
Easy incorporation of a Gore-Tex implant with human tissue
3D Gore-Tex implant
The 3D Gore-Tex implant has achieved advanced approval from Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and requires no allergy testing. It is a softer implant than silicone, thus replicating natural nasal cartilage. Goretex has microscopic holes, which act as pores, enabling the soft nasal tissue surrounding the implant to infiltrate the implant and fixate in place.
Gore-Tex is a biomedical material that is manufactured specifically to interact with living cells. Because of this technology, the implant anchors in place as the swelling minimizes after a nose job. There is no movement or shifting of the implant, which was a concern in the early days of rhinoplasty surgery. The easy incorporation of a Gore-Tex implant with human tissue also minimizes infection and inflammation.
There is no chance of a Gore-Tex implant contracting, so the client is assured that the shape achieved with surgery will not be minimized. Hundreds of thousands of Gore-Tex implants have been used successfully without any record of rejection. They integrate so beautifully that the body doesn’t consider the Gore-Tex to be a foreign substance. After the healing process takes place, clients are able to go back to all of their normal activities, including sports.
Dr. Cory Torgerson is an expert in ethnic rhinoplasty surgery. He not only has the necessary surgical qualifications and operating experience you can be confident in, but he has also been asked to speak internationally about the use of implants in surgery. By booking a private and confidential appointment at our Yorkville clinic, you will begin your journey to having the nose you’re most comfortable with.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.