What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
Plastic surgery can be performed at almost any age to enhance and restore a person’s appearance as long as they are in good general health
However, some procedures are more appropriate or necessary at specific ages and life stages. The following is a guide of the most popular plastic surgery procedures by age. Regardless of your age, Dr. Cory Torgerson, a leading cosmetic surgeon in Toronto, can help you achieve the results you are looking for.
Boost your confidence and improve appearance
Popular procedures in your 20s
The most popular plastic surgery procedure amongst women in their 20s is breast augmentation. While this is a popular and suitable procedure for women of almost any age, it is most commonly requested by individuals in their twenties who have fully developed and hope to enhance their breast size to achieve a more proportionate or curvy figure. This procedure can have a significant positive impact on self-esteem and confidence. While not as common, women in their 20s also seek breast reductions to feel balanced and proportionate and to improve self-esteem.
Popular procedures in your 30s
As a result of the natural aging process, many individuals in their thirties begin to struggle to maintain their weight through diet and exercise alone. Over time, metabolism begins to slow, which makes it more difficult to shed excess weight. Those problem spots can be extremely frustrating and resistant to weight reduction. Thus, liposuction is one of the most frequently requested procedures among both men and women in their 30s who hope to restore their figure. Liposuction can target specific areas of concern, reducing fat and improving body contours.
Facial injectable treatments such as neurotoxin injections and dermal fillers are also popular among people in their mid to late 30s who begin to notice early signs of aging. As collagen diminishes, cheeks flatten slightly and lips may begin to thin. The instant volume of hyaluronic acid fillers is a popular choice.
Plastic surgery can be expensive, it is an investment worth making
Popular procedures in your 40s
While some individuals begin using fillers in their thirties, neurotoxin injections are most popular for men and women in their forties. Over time, repetitive, dynamic muscle movement can cause the overlying skin to develop fine lines and wrinkles. An angry or worried look can seem to never go away. Luckily, neurotoxin injections can be used to both treat and prevent these signs of aging by temporarily decreasing specific facial muscle movements. This minimally invasive procedure is safe and effective and can be performed in a matter of minutes for nearly instant smoothing effects that last for months.
Popular procedures in your 50s, 60s, and 70s
Facelifts are the most popular procedure among men and women in their fifties to seventies who hope to restore their appearance by minimizing the signs of aging. At this age, wrinkles and fine lines are more pronounced, and people experience a loss of volume and structure in their facial features. To mitigate the signs of aging, a traditional facelift, mini facelift, SoftLift, or fat grafting can be performed. In addition, many individuals choose to undergo an eyelid or brow lift at this stage in life.
Whether you are 20 or 70, there are a number of surgical and non-surgical procedures designed to help you look and feel your best. To learn more about any of the above procedures, please schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Torgerson, a specialized cosmetic surgeon in Toronto dedicated to helping patients of all ages enhance their natural beauty.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.