Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Facial plastic surgery usually makes us think of nose jobs or a facelift.
We think it is for people desiring to look as youthful as possible or wanting to fix the nose they’ve always hated. Yet there is an entire field of facial plastic surgery that has nothing to do with trying to alter your looks. Reconstructive plastic surgery is endeavoring to restore the face to how it looked before a trauma.
Car accidents are a good example of a common trauma that can cause facial damage. When the head hits the dashboard or windshield, the impact can cause broken noses and jaws or other facial disfigurements. Any abrupt penetration to the face, such as a punch, a blow from a blunt object, or even a gunshot wound, can cause severe damage to facial structures as well as the skin.
Involves A Plastic Surgeon, Oral Surgeon, Orthodontist, Ophthalmologist, And Otolaryngologist
Achieve A Normal Appearance Again
Reconstructive surgery is intended to restore function and achieve a normal appearance again. For example, if the nose received a blow that blocked or reduced the size of the nasal passages, surgery would restore the function of the nose, which is to breathe properly. If the jaw was broken and it is difficult for the person to chew food, surgery would correct the jaw so that they could eat normally again. Facial reconstruction can involve a plastic surgeon, oral surgeon, orthodontist, ophthalmologist, and otolaryngologist (head and neck surgeon) if there was damage to the face, teeth, and eyes. Dr. Cory Torgerson is a certified Canadian plastic surgeon as well as a licenced otolaryngologist.
One of the most gratifying aspects of Dr. Torgerson’s career is restoring a person’s face if they have experienced trauma or have been born with a crooked nose that has impaired their breathing. He finds it extremely fulfilling to help them regain their self-esteem and confidence. Facial disfigurements and deformities cause emotional stress, which can lead to severe mental depression. Restoring a face also restores hope in people, allowing them to face the world with new strength and vigour.
Extensive Study Of Facial Structure And The Skin
Not Always Involves Scalpel
Reconstructive surgery not only involves aesthetics, but also extensive study of facial structure and the skin. Often the skin is discounted, but it is the body’s largest organ, and trauma can cause acute damage to it as well. Not all restoration involves the scalpel. For example, surgeons are able to minimize scarring using laser technology.
Sometimes the facial damage caused by the trauma necessitates the use of silicone or Gore-Tex implants in the nose, chin, or jaw. Although both types of implants have excellent safety records, Dr. Torgerson prefers to use Gore-Tex implants. Reconstructive surgery gets its name because sometimes the facial feature has been injured so much, it literally has to be reconstructed. The nose is the most prominent feature and usually experiences the most damage. Often several surgeries are necessary to restore a person’s face to its original state.
You may not require reconstructive plastic surgery, but Dr. Torgerson’s years of experience in facial artistry and contouring will enable you to put your confidence in him for your next facial cosmetic procedure.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions