5 Things to Consider When Selecting a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
Undergoing a revisionary procedure
The decision to undergo a primary rhinoplasty procedure is often very exciting, as patients are anxious to achieve the nose of their dreams. Nevertheless, the choice to schedule a revision rhinoplasty is typically quite daunting, because patients worry that the procedure will result in further disappointment. Although this fear is understandable, it should not deter you from undergoing a revisionary procedure if you are not satisfied with the results of your primary surgery. But to ensure that your revision rhinoplasty is a success, it is imperative to consider following factors when selecting your revision rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto.
Cosmetic Surgery Procedure
Find a plastic surgeon who is experienced in revision rhinoplasty
Revision rhinoplasty is one of the most complex and specialized cosmetic surgery procedures, since it requires working with tissues that have already been altered. As a result, it is extremely important to find a surgeon who has extensive experience performing this procedure. That ensures that your selected surgeon has the skill and expertise necessary to safely and effectively perform such a complicated procedure as well as deal with any complications, should they arise. Thus, during your consultation, it is advisable to inquire how frequently your prospective surgeon performs revision rhinoplasty and how many years of experience they have.
2. Examine the plastic surgeon’s previous work and ask for referrals
When researching prospective revision rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto, it is important to examine his or her body of work to ensure that you would be satisfied with the results. The surgeon’s before and after gallery will give you an idea of what kind of results you can expect, particularly if many of the patients in the “before” photos have undergone a revision to address concerns that are similar to your own. In addition, you may wish to ask your potential surgeon for referrals so that you can speak directly with former patients about their experience.
Successful Revision Rhinoplasty
3. Ask for recommendations from people who you know you can trust
Although you can certainly conduct your own research online, it is also a good idea to ask for recommendations from people whom you know you can trust. For example, if a friend or family member has undergone a successful revision rhinoplasty, you may wish to consult their plastic surgeon. Alternatively, your family doctor or primary rhinoplasty surgeon may be able to give you a referral.
4. Pay close attention to how you feel during your consultation
Once you have narrowed down your list of prospective revision rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto, it is necessary to schedule a consultation with each surgeon. When meeting each plastic surgeon, pay close attention to how they make you feel. Your revision rhinoplasty surgeon should listen to your concerns, thoroughly answer your questions, and leave you feeling confident in their ability to achieve your goals. If at any point you feel rushed, uncomfortable, or uncertain about the surgeon’s ability, it is essential that you continue your search for the right surgeon rather than settling. This will ensure that your revision procedure is a success.
5. Consider getting a second opinion
In the event that your first consultation goes well and you feel comfortable with your prospective surgeon, it is still advisable to consult with other surgeons to get a second (or third) opinion. If each surgeon provides you with similar advice, select the surgeon whom you feel has the most experience and achieves the best results.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- The Ultimate Guide To Planning Your Revision Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Who is a Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty?
- What is Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Tips for Recovery from a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- The Revision Rhinoplasty Risks You Should Be Aware Of
- Subtle Signs You May Need A Revision Rhinoplasty
- Should You Trust Your Primary Surgeon for a Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Revision Rhinoplasty Toronto Info
- Not Just Any Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto Can Fix Your Nose Job
- Is It Safe to Undergo a Second Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Find Out If You Are A Candidate Prior To Speaking To Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Five Signs You May Want To Consider Seeing A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Choosing the Right Surgeon for Your Revision Rhinoplasty Procedure
- Comparing the Differences Between Your Primary and Revision Rhinoplasty Procedures
- Can You Change Perceptions of Attractiveness And Success with A Rhinoplasty in Toronto?
- All About Open vs. Closed Revision Rhinoplasty
- 5 Things To Consider When Selecting A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- 9 Important Questions To Ask Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.