Tips for Recovery from a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
Wait at least 1 year before undergoing this procedure
Are you about to undergo a revision rhinoplasty? If so, check out these tips for recovery from a revision rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto. Although most patients interested in revision rhinoplasty are understandably anxious to schedule the procedure, it is important to allow your nose time to fully recover from your primary procedure before undergoing a secondary procedure. In most cases, your revision rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto will require that you wait at least 1 year before scheduling your revision surgery.
Limit activities for the first 48 hours post-operatively to prevent nosebleeds
Sleep with your head elevated
For the first 48 hours after your procedure, it is necessary to avoid actions such as bending over, lifting heavy objects, or blowing your nose, as those activities may strain your nose, resulting in a nosebleed. It is advisable to purchase a wedge pillow or prop your head up with 2 large pillows during your recovery, as sleeping with your head elevated and keeping your body at a 30-degree angle will prevent capillaries and blood vessels from dilating, reducing the likelihood of swelling and bruising. This position will also reduce the risk of post-operative bleeding and ensure that you are kept comfortable during your recovery. Some patients experience a throbbing sensation when lying horizontally.
Avoid strenuous activities
Although it is typically possible to resume work and other activities within one week of the procedure, it is important to avoid strenuous activities such as exercise and sports for at least 2 to 3 weeks post-operatively. Doing so will help reduce the risk that you will inadvertently compromise the results of your procedure by rubbing, jarring, or bumping your nose. It is also best to refrain from contact sports and extreme activities for at least 2 months unless a protective face mask can be worn.
Limit your sun exposure
Lead a healthy lifestyle
For the first 8 weeks, it is advisable to limit your sun exposure to prevent getting sunburned. Apply sunscreen diligently and always wear a hat when you are outdoors for a prolonged period of time. One of the best ways to ensure a safe and speedy recovery is to follow all aftercare instructions carefully and to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The following tips will help you achieve optimal results:
- Avoid taking medications such as Advil, Aspirin, or Motrin for 2 weeks prior to your procedure. Discuss your use of vitamins, supplements, medications, and minerals with your Toronto revision rhinoplasty surgeon during your initial consultation
- Maintain a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins and be sure to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water
- Stop smoking at least 3 weeks prior to your surgery and refrain from smoking during your recovery
In addition to following the above tips, taking your time to select an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto will enable you to achieve the best results possible. Contact our clinic today to begin your exciting transformation with Dr. Torgerson, a renowned Toronto cosmetic surgeon with a specialization in facial plastic surgery.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Who is a Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty?
- What is Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Tips for Recovery from a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- The Revision Rhinoplasty Risks You Should Be Aware Of
- The Ultimate Guide To Planning Your Revision Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Subtle Signs You May Need A Revision Rhinoplasty
- Should You Trust Your Primary Surgeon for a Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Revision Rhinoplasty Toronto Info
- Not Just Any Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto Can Fix Your Nose Job
- Is It Safe to Undergo a Second Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Find Out If You Are A Candidate Prior To Speaking To Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Five Signs You May Want To Consider Seeing A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- Choosing the Right Surgeon for Your Revision Rhinoplasty Procedure
- Comparing the Differences Between Your Primary and Revision Rhinoplasty Procedures
- Can You Change Perceptions of Attractiveness And Success with A Rhinoplasty in Toronto?
- All About Open vs. Closed Revision Rhinoplasty
- 5 Things To Consider When Selecting A Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
- 9 Important Questions To Ask Your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.