4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
Rhinoplasty may be all you can think of to improve the look of your nose. People undergo nose jobs for several reasons, including bumps, droopy tip, wide nostrils, large size, or low bridge. Because your nose is front and center on your face, you may be one of the millions of Toronto rhinoplasty patients who spend a lot of time worrying about their nose. Below we’ll give you 4 steps that you can take right away to enhance the look of your nose.
Rhinoplasty is one of the most in-demand cosmetic surgery procedures for men and women of all ages, but it’s not the only way you can change this feature. We’ll share a couple of insider tricks here. As well, planning for rhinoplasty can start today, even if you’re not yet sure what you need. It’s never too soon to gather information once you know what to ask.
Dr. Cory Torgerson
This surgical procedure allows for even the smallest alteration to have a dramatic impact on image and self-esteem. Rhinoplasty surgery is permanent and comes with a few risks inherent to any operation. It’s not a decision to take lightly, and you’ll want to find an expert rhinoplasty surgeon to ask questions of. Planning may seem a little intimidating, but the first step on the road to rhinoplasty doesn’t have to be.
Schedule a consultation with an experienced facial plastic surgeon. Many cosmetic surgeons in Toronto, like Dr. Cory Torgerson, offer consultations free of charge, so there’s no pressure to decide when you sit down with them to discuss your options. It may also be nearly impossible to know what type of rhinoplasty you need, or even if you need one at all, until you’ve been assessed in person. Making an appointment today could help you avoid wasting time considering procedures that you don’t need.
The surgeon or their staff will also let you know how to apply for medical financing if you need it, making the cost of rhinoplasty easier to manage. What’s the first step if you’re thinking of a nose job? Book your free consultation today.
1. Did you know an injectable rhinoplasty can deliver instant impact?
Here’s how it’s done:
Your surgeon will discuss with you the changes that you want to see and will provide their feedback and recommendations. Commonly, refining the nasal tip, raising the bridge, or straightening or smoothing away a bump will be desired. The injection of thick, hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler can instantly contour and reshape noses. Though it won’t reduce size or remove tissue, the illusion of a smoother bridge or straighter nose can be achieved using filler as sculpting material under the skin. The product stays in place from 6 to 9 months on average. The process is not very uncomfortable because HA gel contains lidocaine, plus your rhinoplasty surgeon will use numbing creams to keep you comfortable.
Who is this option good for?
People who want to test drive rhinoplasty and aren’t yet ready to commit love this simple, surgery-free option. As well, those who want only minor, subtle changes to the nose will often be well-suited to the non-surgical rhinoplasty.
Want to see nose enhancement right away? Contact Dr. Torgerson to learn more about rhinoplasty without surgery.
2. Low-cost DIY nose changers
Have you heard of nose contouring? Make-up products a shade or two darker than your skin can be used to contour, creating the appearance of a shadow and minimizing space. These come in creams and powders and can be applied with a brush or sponge. The key to making contouring look natural is to blend, blend, blend. Less is more, which means that you should build up the result you want, beginning with just a little product.
Nose contouring usually involves applying a darker shade along the sides of the nose and a little at each side of the nasal tip. Once that is blended very well and no distinct edge remains, you can apply a shade lighter than your skin to the bridge. This is called highlighting, and highlights create the appearance of an object projecting forward. A subtle highlight in the middle, with shadows at the sides, can create the appearance of a thinner, straighter, pointy, sharp, or refined nose nearly instantly. Check out helpful “how to” videos online, where lovely instructors walk you through the process to see and imitate.
Pro tip: When searching for makeup tutorials online, pay attention to hairstyles and eye makeup that can also draw attention away from your nose.
3. Stop looking at selfies
The report suggests that your nose might appear up to 30% bigger when you view yourself on your smartphone. No wonder so many people feel self-conscious about their appearance. The false sense of perfection that phone filters apply sometimes create a self-critical effect for people. And to make matters worse, now your phone could be lying to you about your nose. We recommend that you keep this in mind when you view yourself.
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Meet a rhinoplasty surgeon in person for a frank discussion about the real dimensions and proportion of your nose. Their advanced training and understanding of facial harmony means they can tell you exactly how your characteristics measure up and what’s contributing to the effect that you see. In some cases, a seemingly unrelated feature like a recessed chin can make the nose appear bigger than it is. A chin implant can sometimes bring the nose into beautiful balance, especially for male rhinoplasty patients. You may be able to undergo a small change to get the big improvement you want. Ask the experts. Don’t trust your phone.
Do you need advice from a rhinoplasty specialist? We’ll be happy to meet with you and offer recommendations. Contact Dr. Torgerson today.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- History of Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.