8 Things to Consider about Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty can be medically necessary or simply cosmetic
In either case, this type of surgery has been performed since ancient times but is still considered major surgery. For that reason, it is important to understand the risks as well as the benefits of undergoing any rhinoplasty procedure.In either case, this type of surgery has been performed since ancient times but is still considered major surgery. For that reason, it is important to understand the risks as well as the benefits of undergoing any rhinoplasty procedure.
1. Choose the right surgeon
A positive relationship with your medical professional is important if you want positive results, and this is especially true with your rhinoplasty surgeon. The surgeon should be highly qualified and show a talent for aesthetics. Rhinoplasty is an exacting procedure that affects the way you look and your ability to breathe properly.
2. Have realistic expectations
If your goal with rhinoplasty surgery is to have a more attractive nose, you have to accept the limitations that your underlying bone structure presents to the amount of change that is possible. A natural appearance has to be based on what is possible – not on copying a picture of what you think is perfect.
3. Prepare yourself for success
There are a variety of things you can do to help ensure the success of your rhinoplasty procedure. These include maintaining a healthy diet, getting plenty of rest, follow your surgeon’s instructions about medications and supplements that you may take, and stopping smoking (if you do smoke).
4. Plan for recovery
Bruising and swelling are normal after rhinoplasty, so make sure you have cold compresses or ice packs available. It is also a good idea to fill any medication prescriptions ahead of surgery so pain relief is on hand when it is needed. Keeping your head elevated and avoiding any pressure on your nose (even eyeglasses!) is important for healing.
5. Keep calm to heal
It may sound dramatic, but keeping your heart rate under control and blood pressure down is key to controlling swelling and minimizing bruising. This includes avoiding exercise for at least 3 to 4 weeks.
6. Avoid the mirror
It is natural to wonder how your rhinoplasty surgery has turned out, but the truth is that you will not see the real results for many months. Swelling affects not only the nose, but also the eyes and upper cheeks. Nasal bleeding is completely natural, but it doesn’t look good. You will have a good idea of the final outcome after 4 to 6 weeks, but it will take up to 12 months for the swelling to resolve.
7. Be aware of the possible negative consequences
For any type of surgery, there are risks and consequences that need to be taken into consideration. In some cases, simple procedures can solve the problem, but in the event of poor results, revision surgery may be necessary.
8. Consider non-surgical rhinoplasty alternatives
Many advances in the composition and application of fillers have led to great results that may improve the appearance of your nose without the necessity of a surgical procedure.
Rhinoplasty surgery has evolved and offers tremendous results for better health or a natural-looking, beautiful nose. Experts like Dr. Cory Torgerson, a leading rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto, are happy to discuss the options with you.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.