Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
This particular type of rhinoplasty addresses the width, or base, of the nose if it is out of proportion with other facial features.
It can also reduce the size and shape of nostrils if they are asymmetrical. There are certain ethnic groups that inquire about alar base reduction more frequently than others.
Dr. Torgerson’s goal is to proportion your nose with other facial features to create balance and ensure that the nose is not prominent
Nose Harmony With Facial Features
Because Dr. Cory Torgerson operates his private surgery centre in the heart of Toronto, he has vast experience operating on a variety of racial groups that all have distinct facial characteristics. Although there is no right or wrong measurement for nose width, many people who live here desire to have a more balanced-looking nose that still honours their ethnic background. Dr. Torgerson’s goal is to proportion it with other facial features to create balance and ensure that the nose is not prominent.
A simple method to measure optimal nose width is to use the position of the eyes as a gauge. By drawing two imaginary vertical lines from the inside border of the eye down to the bottom of the nose, the distance between the lines should be equal to the width of the nose.
Alar base reduction is performed by making a small incision on the inside of the nostril and cutting out a wedge of skin. This often addresses a large nasal tip at the same time to create a softer look that blends nicely with the new nostril size. It is interesting to note that one in five rhinoplasty procedures require narrowing of the nostrils. Alar base reduction is more common in facial cosmetic surgery than most people expect.
It is important to choose a rhinoplasty expert to perform the alar base reduction
Design Your New Nose
If you feel that your nostrils are too big and the base of your nose too wide, booking a consultation with Dr. Torgerson is the best place to start when investigating your options. He was the first facial plastic surgeon in Canada to incorporate the 3D Vectra imaging system into his practice. This state-of-the-art technology allows you to choose the nose that will blend perfectly with your other facial features. In collaboration with Dr. Torgerson, you will be able to literally design your new nose and see what you will look like post-operatively. In the consultation, you will also have the opportunity to view before and after photos of previous patients with the same ethnic background, so that you can see the difference that this type of rhinoplasty can make for you.
It is important to choose a rhinoplasty expert to perform the alar base reduction. Dr. Torgerson has received his certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in not only facial cosmetic surgery, but in head and neck surgery (otolaryngology) as well. His creative eye and his experience operating on all nationalities make him your best choice for an alar base reduction rhinoplasty.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- History of Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.