Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
This particular type of rhinoplasty addresses the width, or base, of the nose if it is out of proportion with other facial features.
It can also reduce the size and shape of nostrils if they are asymmetrical. There are certain ethnic groups that inquire about alar base reduction more frequently than others.
Dr. Torgerson’s goal is to proportion your nose with other facial features to create balance and ensure that the nose is not prominent
Nose Harmony With Facial Features
Because Dr. Cory Torgerson operates his private surgery centre in the heart of Toronto, he has vast experience operating on a variety of racial groups that all have distinct facial characteristics. Although there is no right or wrong measurement for nose width, many people who live here desire to have a more balanced-looking nose that still honours their ethnic background. Dr. Torgerson’s goal is to proportion it with other facial features to create balance and ensure that the nose is not prominent.
A simple method to measure optimal nose width is to use the position of the eyes as a gauge. By drawing two imaginary vertical lines from the inside border of the eye down to the bottom of the nose, the distance between the lines should be equal to the width of the nose.
Alar base reduction is performed by making a small incision on the inside of the nostril and cutting out a wedge of skin. This often addresses a large nasal tip at the same time to create a softer look that blends nicely with the new nostril size. It is interesting to note that one in five rhinoplasty procedures require narrowing of the nostrils. Alar base reduction is more common in facial cosmetic surgery than most people expect.
It is important to choose a rhinoplasty expert to perform the alar base reduction
Design Your New Nose
If you feel that your nostrils are too big and the base of your nose too wide, booking a consultation with Dr. Torgerson is the best place to start when investigating your options. He was the first facial plastic surgeon in Canada to incorporate the 3D Vectra imaging system into his practice. This state-of-the-art technology allows you to choose the nose that will blend perfectly with your other facial features. In collaboration with Dr. Torgerson, you will be able to literally design your new nose and see what you will look like post-operatively. In the consultation, you will also have the opportunity to view before and after photos of previous patients with the same ethnic background, so that you can see the difference that this type of rhinoplasty can make for you.
It is important to choose a rhinoplasty expert to perform the alar base reduction. Dr. Torgerson has received his certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in not only facial cosmetic surgery, but in head and neck surgery (otolaryngology) as well. His creative eye and his experience operating on all nationalities make him your best choice for an alar base reduction rhinoplasty.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.