The aim of rhinoplasty, or a nose job, is to reconstruct a nose that looks natural but has the desired qualities the patient is looking for
Conducting a nose job on people of varying ethnicities can be complicated because of how their natural nasal structure might compare to the result they’re striving for. Asian rhinoplasty differs from European rhinoplasty and from African-American rhinoplasty because of the characteristics of ethnic features, but also because of the anatomy of facial tissue.
Asian facial cartilage tends to be weaker, meaning it cannot stand up to extreme changes in reconstruction
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE ASIAN NOSE
There are various techniques for performing Asian rhinoplasty, some of which include silicone and other foreign implants, some of which use ear cartilage, and some which reshape existing nasal cartilage.
While most European and African-American rhinoplasty surgeries aim to reduce the nose size, Asian rhinoplasty often seeks to enlarge certain aspects of it. Many Asian noses are fairly flat at the bridge, so a rhinoplasty might target heightening the bridge to raise the nose.
Other alterations commonly made to Asian noses are defining the tip or narrowing the nostrils (although this depends on the individual’s natural nostrils). Many Asian noses have less defined tips than people of other ethnicities, so they often want a more accentuated nasal tip.
As with other ethnic rhinoplasty surgery, it’s important that the reconstructed nose is still consistent with natural facial features of an individual. Techniques commonly used for European reconstructions may be problematic on Asian nose jobs. The facial plastic surgeon needs to have detailed familiarity with the nasal anatomy and how to alter it so it won’t look out of harmony with ethnic features. The final product needs to look natural, not like it was reconstructed, and certainly not fake.
Dr. Torgerson is a Facial Cosmetic Surgeon with years of expertise operating on people of various ethnic backgrounds
WHY CHOOSE DR. TORGERSON?
Rhinoplasty is one of Dr. Torgerson’s specialties, and he operates regularly in his own government-approved Toronto Surgical Facility.
Many people find their first rhinoplasty left them with undesired results. Rhinoplasty can take up to a year to reveal it’s final shape. Therefore, in the event of a poorly done surgery, many Asian rhinoplasty patients find themselves seeking revisions. That may be because their results aren’t as dramatic as they wanted; because they’re overdone or don’t match ethnic characteristics well. In these instances, it’s crucial to find a surgeon who knows how to perform the surgery right the first time. Dr. Torgerson understands the issues many Asians have with their natural noses, and he knows how to properly enhance the tissue to appear natural, yet have all the desired qualities a patient is seeking.
Getting a nose job should increase self-esteem and confidence, with facial features the patient is happy to show off. That’s why patients consult Dr. Torgerson to discuss exactly what they want from surgery, and together create a plan to achieve the desired look.
After the procedure, there will be swelling and even some discomfort, but once inflammation resolves, the patient will be pleased with their new nose and can present a confident image. If you’d like to schedule a free Asian Rhinoplasty consultation with Dr. Torgerson, please contact our office today!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- History of Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.