The aim of rhinoplasty, or a nose job, is to reconstruct a nose that looks natural but has the desired qualities the patient is looking for
Conducting a nose job on people of varying ethnicities can be complicated because of how their natural nasal structure might compare to the result they’re striving for. Asian rhinoplasty differs from European rhinoplasty and from African-American rhinoplasty because of the characteristics of ethnic features, but also because of the anatomy of facial tissue.
Asian facial cartilage tends to be weaker, meaning it cannot stand up to extreme changes in reconstruction
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE ASIAN NOSE
There are various techniques for performing Asian rhinoplasty, some of which include silicone and other foreign implants, some of which use ear cartilage, and some which reshape existing nasal cartilage.
While most European and African-American rhinoplasty surgeries aim to reduce the nose size, Asian rhinoplasty often seeks to enlarge certain aspects of it. Many Asian noses are fairly flat at the bridge, so a rhinoplasty might target heightening the bridge to raise the nose.
Other alterations commonly made to Asian noses are defining the tip or narrowing the nostrils (although this depends on the individual’s natural nostrils). Many Asian noses have less defined tips than people of other ethnicities, so they often want a more accentuated nasal tip.
As with other ethnic rhinoplasty surgery, it’s important that the reconstructed nose is still consistent with natural facial features of an individual. Techniques commonly used for European reconstructions may be problematic on Asian nose jobs. The facial plastic surgeon needs to have detailed familiarity with the nasal anatomy and how to alter it so it won’t look out of harmony with ethnic features. The final product needs to look natural, not like it was reconstructed, and certainly not fake.
Dr. Torgerson is a Facial Cosmetic Surgeon with years of expertise operating on people of various ethnic backgrounds
WHY CHOOSE DR. TORGERSON?
Rhinoplasty is one of Dr. Torgerson’s specialties, and he operates regularly in his own government-approved Toronto Surgical Facility.
Many people find their first rhinoplasty left them with undesired results. Rhinoplasty can take up to a year to reveal it’s final shape. Therefore, in the event of a poorly done surgery, many Asian rhinoplasty patients find themselves seeking revisions. That may be because their results aren’t as dramatic as they wanted; because they’re overdone or don’t match ethnic characteristics well. In these instances, it’s crucial to find a surgeon who knows how to perform the surgery right the first time. Dr. Torgerson understands the issues many Asians have with their natural noses, and he knows how to properly enhance the tissue to appear natural, yet have all the desired qualities a patient is seeking.
Getting a nose job should increase self-esteem and confidence, with facial features the patient is happy to show off. That’s why patients consult Dr. Torgerson to discuss exactly what they want from surgery, and together create a plan to achieve the desired look.
After the procedure, there will be swelling and even some discomfort, but once inflammation resolves, the patient will be pleased with their new nose and can present a confident image. If you’d like to schedule an Asian Rhinoplasty consultation with Dr. Torgerson, please contact our office today!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.