The aim of rhinoplasty, or a nose job, is to reconstruct a nose that looks natural but has the desired qualities the patient is looking for
Conducting a nose job on people of varying ethnicities can be complicated because of how their natural nasal structure might compare to the aesthetic they are striving for. Asian rhinoplasty differs from Caucasian rhinoplasty and from African-American rhinoplasty because of the characteristics of the ethnic features, but also because of the anatomy of the facial tissue.
Asian facial cartilage tends to be weaker, meaning it cannot stand up to extreme changes in reconstruction
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE ASIAN NOSE
There are different techniques for performing Asian rhinoplasty, some of which include silicone and other foreign implants, some of which use ear cartilage, and some of which reshape the existing nasal cartilage.
While most Caucasian and African-American rhinoplasty surgeries aim to reduce the look of the nose, Asian rhinoplasty often seeks to enlarge certain aspects of it. Many Asian noses are fairly flat at the bridge, so a rhinoplasty might target heightening the bridge to raise the nose.
Other alterations commonly made to Asian noses are defining the tip or narrowing the nostrils (although this depends on the individual’s natural nostrils). Many Asian noses have less defined tips than people of other ethnicities, so they often want a more accentuated nasal tip.
As with other ethnic rhinoplasty surgery, it is important that the reconstructed nose is still consistent with the facial features of the individual. Techniques commonly used for Caucasian reconstructions are often problematic on Asian nose jobs, so the facial plastic surgeon needs to be aware of the anatomy of the nose and how to best recreate it so it still suits the individual and their other ethnic features. The final product needs to look natural, not like it was reconstructed, and certainly not fake.
Dr. Torgerson is a Facial Cosmetic Surgeon with years of expertise in operating on people of varying ethnic backgrounds
WHY CHOOSE DR. TORGERSON?
Rhinoplasty is one of Dr. Torgerson’s specialities, and he operates regularly in his own government-approved Toronto Surgical Facility.
Many people find their first rhinoplasty left them with undesired results. Rhinoplasty can take up to a year to fully take shape, but especially in the event of a badly done surgery, many Asian rhinoplasty patients find themselves coming back for revisions. Sometimes the results are not as extreme as the patient wanted; sometimes they are overdone or done to another ethnicity’s standards. In these instances, it is crucial that they find a surgeon who knows how to perform the surgery right the first time. Dr. Torgerson understands the issues many Asians have with their natural noses, and he knows how to properly reconstruct the nose to look like it is natural, but with all of the desired qualities the patient is seeking.
Getting a nose job should leave the patient with increased self-esteem and confidence, knowing that they have the facial features they like. Patients consult Dr. Torgerson to discuss exactly what they want from their surgery, and together a plan is created to achieve the desired look. After the procedure, there will be swelling and even some discomfort, but once the post-operation side-effects go away, the patient will be pleased with their new nose and will be able to present themselves with confidence. If you’d like to schedule a free Asian Rhinoplasty consultation with Dr. Torgerson, please contact our office today!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.