Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
In Toronto, nose-reshaping surgery is quickly becoming one of the most popular types of plastic surgery, but also one of the most complex. Even for the most skilled facial plastic surgeon, there is an inherent challenge in performing a nose job that leaves the patient satisfied with the outcome. How can you prepare for quality consultations, planning, and results? Read this and save time.
Browsing rhinoplasty before and after photos is a fun pre-planning step for many people, but you’ll need to meet an expert facial plastic surgeon in person to really start your journey. Some critical information will be found on plastic surgery websites before you even reach out to the clinic. You’ll need to ask any other essential questions in person. We encourage everyone to bring a list of questions to your first appointment.
A Toronto nose-reshaping surgery candidate will need to know everything from preparation tips and essentials to expectations for recovery. Your surgeon will be happy to see that you’ve come prepared and will help you feel confident with your decision.
Nose reshaping surgery in Toronto: What questions should I be asking my surgeon?
What is their area of expertise?
When it comes to nose reshaping, it’s imperative that you seek out a facial plastic surgeon who specializes in nose jobs. While perhaps they are experienced in a vast range of cosmetic procedures, general plastic surgeons do not necessarily possess the experience and specific education that the specialty of nose reshaping requires. There are multiple factors to be considered regarding nose reshaping: the bone structure, previous injuries, skin type, ethnicity, and age of the patient. It is frequently said that a facial plastic surgeon isn’t just a doctor, but an artist as well. It takes first a creative eye to design the nose and, second, the precision to execute the procedure. Dr. Cory Torgerson, with his 18-plus years of post-secondary education, is one such facial plastic surgeon.
Nose Reshaping in Toronto
Can they give you a celebrity nose?
We certainly hope not. An facial plastic experienced surgeon will pay attention to the results you want, but they will also remind you that your nose has to fit your face. While you may admire the profile and contour of, say, Kim Kardashian’s nose, the same shape and size may not look natural on your face. An experienced surgeon will gently guide you through the expectations and limitations of your nose job. Ultimately, your nose should be proportionate to your facial structure. Part of Dr. Torgerson’s rhinoplasty assessment involves the use of his state-of-the-art 3D Vectra imaging system. This technology allows the patient a unique glimpse of realistic, potential results when matching their desires with Dr. Torgerson’s surgical skills.
Nose-Reshaping Surgery Recovery
How long does it usually take to recover from nose-reshaping surgery?
From the moment you walk into Dr. Torgerson’s clinic, you will be guided through each stage of your nose reshaping surgery, from preparation to recovery. Following rhinoplasty, it is often advised that the patient takes a week off of work or school to rest and recover. During the post-operative period, the patient may experience some discoloration, swelling, puffiness, and in some cases, slight bleeding. Pain management is discussed in the consultation, and medication may be prescribed to offset any discomfort, although most patients find it manageable. Generally, within 10 to 14 days of nose-reshaping surgery, swelling and discoloration will have subsided. However, the definition and subtle changes will continue to emerge as the healing takes place.
Nose-Reshaping Surgery Cost
How Much Does a Nose-Reshaping Surgery Cost?
Rhinoplasty can be a substantial investment, so it’s a reasonable question to ask. While much of the cost is dependent on the skill set of the surgeon, there are other factors to consider. The location of the clinic plays a significant role. A densely populated urban area will probably raise the price, but you will also have access to more experienced and qualified surgeons. The complexity of your rhinoplasty is also a significant determinant. As it is cosmetic surgery, there are fees that a non-elective patient would not incur. These fees include anaesthesia, nursing staff, and the use of the facility, which provides for the surgical equipment and medication.
With all of this being said, the cost of nose-reshaping surgery in Toronto runs between $6,000 and $13,000 + HST on average. (Note that prices are subject to change over time.) Because rhinoplasty doesn’t come with a light price tag, that’s all the more reason to do your research. You need to be satisfied with the answers you get from your surgeon. If you don’t feel that you’ve been given a definitive answer regarding the total cost, keep looking. Hidden expenses that appear after your surgery lead to distrust and disappointment. Building trust and rapport with your surgeon before your rhinoplasty are essential.
For greater clarity and patient confidence, Dr. Torgerson’s pricing is straightforward. His quote will include the fees mentioned above as well as the costs associated with all your appointments with the surgeon, which consists of the visit to sign consent before the procedure and your post-surgical appointments for one year following your nose-reshaping surgery. Pain medication and antibiotics can result in out-of-pocket expenses if you don’t have an insured drug plan. While seldom required, having an overnight nurse would also be an added expense. Most patients recover well enough to go home the same day of their surgery, and they can manage nicely without this service.
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Schedule a consultation and find out what’s next
Dr. Torgerson has excellent credentials as a facial plastic surgeon and ear, nose, and throat (ENT) surgeon. He is sought-after throughout Canada for his skilled, innovative, and artistic approach to rhinoplasty. His surgical centre and elite medical team routinely exceed all expectations. We want to hear all about your aesthetic goals and help you achieve them. Call today to schedule your consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.