Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your nose, you’ve probably researched options to change it.
The variety of rhinoplasty information on the Web can be confusing and overwhelming. We hope this article will help you understand the 2 main procedures performed on the nose and their differences, so you can make the right choice for you!
Rhinoplasty, commonly referred to as a nose job, is a surgical procedure performed under general anaesthetic. A non-surgical nose job is a newer treatment done outside the operating room in a doctor’s office. The procedure is much faster than surgery, typically done in less than 30 minutes. Many other differences exist between traditional rhinoplasty and a non-surgical nose job. These contrasts specifically relate to how long results last, the cost, and downtime (these will be addressed below). But the biggest difference between procedures is what YOU as a patient are looking for in terms of desired changes.
Improve The Overall Contours Of Your Nose
Cosmetic Vs Non-Cosmetic Nose Jobs
If you have a bump, droopy tip, or wish to slightly enhance your nose contours, then a non-surgical nose job may be right for you. On the other hand, if you want a significant decrease in size, have breathing issues, or want a dramatic change, a traditional rhinoplasty is probably the path to take. Typically, the characteristics unique to your nose will be the deciding factor between rhinoplasty and a non-surgical nose job.
Rhinoplasty surgery delivers results that last for many years. It’s intended to be performed only once. Since the anatomy of the nose is altered, the results won’t reverse as time goes on. On the other hand, a non-surgical nose job is performed by injecting hyaluronic acid dermal filler into the nose. The body slowly metabolizes the product, meaning results can last up to a year, but not forever. The procedure is usually repeated to achieve consistent results.
Less pain, less downtime
Achieve your desired result
Since rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure requiring a team to deliver results, the upfront cost is significantly higher than non-surgical nose jobs. However, keep in mind that non-surgical nose jobs must be repeated to maintain results, so they can cost more than rhinoplasty in the long run.
The last significant difference between procedures is downtime. Rhinoplasty requires a lengthy healing process with about 1 to 3 weeks of downtime. For long-lasting results, many people feel this is a fair tradeoff. However, if time off and inconvenience aren’t for you, non-surgical nose jobs require little to no downtime and are virtually painless.
Hopefully, this article has highlighted differences between rhinoplasty and non-surgical nose job procedures. At this point, you may have a better idea of which path you wish to take. The best way to know which method is more suited to you is to see an experienced facial plastic surgeon like Dr. Torgerson, who skillfully performs both.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- History of Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.