If you’re not satisfied with the size or shape of your nose, then you probably dream of having that perfect nose – one that suits you and looks attractive, natural, and well-suited to your ethnicity.
Nose jobs have to be done in a very meticulous way, paying close attention to your other facial features so as not to be out of balance. There will be different considerations for people of different ethnicities. African Americans, Asians, Hispanics, and other people groups each have unique facial characteristics. A rhinoplasty job that looks good on a Caucasian face will not look natural on an African-American face and vice versa.
Dr. Torgerson is one of Canada’s most respected and skilled facial cosmetic surgeons.
WHY CHOOSE DR. TORGERSON?
There are many factors to consider if you are of a unique ethnic background and are considering rhinoplasty. Often people of colour and different ethnicities desire to undergo rhinoplasty, but they are concerned that the surgeon might not have a suitable understanding of their specific ethnicity and of achieving a proper, natural-looking result. Many would like to have some modifications to how their nose looks; however, they understandably do not want to do so at the expense of giving up their ethnic features.
His background experience and skill in a diversity of ethnic rhinoplasty procedures is extensive, and his clientele boasts a huge number of African-Americans, Asians, Indians, and Persians, among many others. Moreover, he understands the unique features and challenges that come with each ethnicity and will work meticulously to ensure that your nose job is well proportioned with the rest of your face, is natural-looking, and remains in harmony with your ethnicity. His private surgery centre is located in the heart of downtown Toronto, which is widely known to be one of the most multicultural cities in the world. This means that his patient population is diverse, and Dr. Torgerson is well acquainted with ethnic cosmetic surgery of all kinds.
HOW ARE ETHNIC NOSES DIFFERENT FROM CAUCASIAN NOSES?
ETHNIC NOSES DIFFERENCES
Your facial features represent your ethnicity. The nose, in particular, will often show a lot of characteristics of your race or heritage.
Many African noses, for example, have enlarged nostrils. They lack nasal bridge protection and have wide tips. Thick skin is also a prominent factor in African-American Rhinoplasty that needs to be addressed by a skilled plastic surgeon such as Dr. Torgerson.
Asian noses are relatively shorter and may also have wide nostrils and a little-defined bridge.
Hispanic noses have a dorsal hump and are generally wide and broad.
WHO SHOULD UNDERGO THIS ETHNIC RHINOPLASTY?
Any healthy adult of ethnic descent who wishes to enhance the beauty of their nose could be a good candidate for this procedure. The important thing is to select a facial plastic surgeon who understands the different characteristics of ethnic faces and who creates a nose shape that compliments their features.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Choosing Your Surgeon
Having cosmetic surgery and a feature as prominent and as central as your nose can make a dramatic difference in your overall appearance
It is critical for anyone to select the right facial plastic surgeon – but in some ways, even more so for ethnic people. If you are considering ethnic rhinoplasty, it is always advisable to learn as much about the procedure and your surgeon as you can. Ethnic Rhinoplasty calls for specialized techniques, including an in-depth examination of skin thickness, nasal bases, dorsum structure, and caudal septal before continuing with the procedure. Therefore, the first step is to ensure that you choose a Facial Plastic Surgeon – an expert in Head and Neck Plastic Surgery. Facial plastic surgeons are different than general plastic surgeons, who mainly perform body work such as breast implants or tummy tucks
A Facial Plastic Surgeon is an expert in Facial Cosmetic Surgery and is solely dedicated to this specialty, performing procedures only on the head and neck. It is important to choose the right cosmetic surgeon who is dedicated to the Facial Plastic Specialty in order to achieve the top results. The following is a list of questions that you can ask to help you make your decision once you have set up an appointment with your facial plastic surgeon.
– How many ethnic rhinoplasty surgeries has the surgeon conducted?
– Can the surgeon show you any before and after photos of people with the same ethnicity as you?
– What procedures will the surgeon use?
Through ethnic rhinoplasty, a patient can certainly achieve a more appealing-looking nose without giving up any of their ethnic appearance. The result looks complete natural and aesthetically pleasing, and Dr. Torgerson prides himself on his expert ability to work with multiple nationalities. Please contact our office to learn more about ethnic rhinoplasty under the skilled care of Dr. Cory Torgerson.
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- History of Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.