Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
The nose is the most commonly broken feature on the face
This makes sense, because it not only protrudes from the face, but it is also centrally located. A nasal fracture is usually caused because of a sudden impact. The blow causes swelling inside and outside the nose and results in significant pain. A broken nose not only alters a person’s appearance, but can cause breathing difficulties. Black eyes usually result from fractured nasal bones as well.
Dr. Cory Torgerson is a licensed otolaryngologist and also has his certification as a facial cosmetic surgeon
Treat Your Broken Nose As Soon As Possible
It is important to see your doctor as soon as possible if you think you have broken your nose. They will check if there is a collection of blood on the septum, which is the wall of bone and cartilage separating the two sides of your nose. This condition is known as septal hematoma and is best if treated as soon as possible. Depending on the severity of the fracture, you may be referred to an otolaryngologist, which is a head and neck surgeon. Dr. Torgerson is a licensed otolaryngologist and also has his certification as a facial cosmetic surgeon. Because of this, you can be confident that he “knows noses”!
The nose is comprised of very delicate bones and cartilage. If a broken nose is dealt with immediately, it can be reshaped easily. The doctor may order an X-ray or CT scan to assess the extent of the damage, because it is not uncommon for eyes, teeth, and jaw to be affected as well. It is possible for the nose to be repaired right in the doctor’s office under local anaesthesia. The nose specialist will reposition your nose and hold it in place with a cast made of plaster or metal. This cast acts as a splint and maintains the repositioning for one week. Aesthetics is not the only reason to act quickly if you think you have fractured your nose, since difficulty in breathing can often result as well.
Take an advantage to seek a professional facial plastic surgeon who is also an otolaryngologist
Change Your Appearance During Reconstructive Surgery
If someone puts up with the pain and procrastinates seeing a professional for longer than 2 weeks, they will have to wait for several months before their nose can be surgically repaired. After this amount of time, a successful repair may not possible due to the amount of swelling. It is impossible for the surgeon to see the size and shape of the original nose. The good news is that if you were unhappy with your original nose, it could be altered to change your appearance during reconstructive surgery.
This is where it would be to your advantage to seek a professional facial plastic surgeon who is also an otolaryngologist. After having your nose broken, you want to have the best repair possible to restore your appearance as well as your self-esteem. A consultation with Dr. Torgerson at our private surgical facility would allow you to look at before and after photos of rhinoplasty patients as well as revision patients. If you had experienced anxiety because of the appearance of your nose, Dr. Torgerson could alter your nose to blend perfectly with your other features.
In the hands of the right professional, it is possible to restore a broken nose.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.