Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
The nose is the most commonly broken feature on the face
This makes sense, because it not only protrudes from the face, but it is also centrally located. A nasal fracture is usually caused because of a sudden impact. The blow causes swelling inside and outside the nose and results in significant pain. A broken nose not only alters a person’s appearance, but can cause breathing difficulties. Black eyes usually result from fractured nasal bones as well.
Dr. Cory Torgerson is a licensed otolaryngologist and also has his certification as a facial cosmetic surgeon
Treat Your Broken Nose As Soon As Possible
It is important to see your doctor as soon as possible if you think you have broken your nose. They will check if there is a collection of blood on the septum, which is the wall of bone and cartilage separating the two sides of your nose. This condition is known as septal hematoma and is best if treated as soon as possible. Depending on the severity of the fracture, you may be referred to an otolaryngologist, which is a head and neck surgeon. Dr. Torgerson is a licensed otolaryngologist and also has his certification as a facial cosmetic surgeon. Because of this, you can be confident that he “knows noses”!
The nose is comprised of very delicate bones and cartilage. If a broken nose is dealt with immediately, it can be reshaped easily. The doctor may order an X-ray or CT scan to assess the extent of the damage, because it is not uncommon for eyes, teeth, and jaw to be affected as well. It is possible for the nose to be repaired right in the doctor’s office under local anaesthesia. The nose specialist will reposition your nose and hold it in place with a cast made of plaster or metal. This cast acts as a splint and maintains the repositioning for one week. Aesthetics is not the only reason to act quickly if you think you have fractured your nose, since difficulty in breathing can often result as well.
Take an advantage to seek a professional facial plastic surgeon who is also an otolaryngologist
Change Your Appearance During Reconstructive Surgery
If someone puts up with the pain and procrastinates seeing a professional for longer than 2 weeks, they will have to wait for several months before their nose can be surgically repaired. After this amount of time, a successful repair may not possible due to the amount of swelling. It is impossible for the surgeon to see the size and shape of the original nose. The good news is that if you were unhappy with your original nose, it could be altered to change your appearance during reconstructive surgery.
This is where it would be to your advantage to seek a professional facial plastic surgeon who is also an otolaryngologist. After having your nose broken, you want to have the best repair possible to restore your appearance as well as your self-esteem. A consultation with Dr. Torgerson at our private surgical facility would allow you to look at before and after photos of rhinoplasty patients as well as revision patients. If you had experienced anxiety because of the appearance of your nose, Dr. Torgerson could alter your nose to blend perfectly with your other features.
In the hands of the right professional, it is possible to restore a broken nose.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.