Myths About Rhinoplasty
What are the myths and facts about rhinoplasty?
Let’s set the myths to rest, shall we?
The surgery is quick and simple. The truth is, each rhinoplasty surgery is different from the last, and there is nothing simple about it. The rhinoplasty surgeon will work with you to correct any defects and make any changes within reason that you wish to make. Normally it takes 1 to 2 hours to do a rhinoplasty and sometimes as long as 3 to 4 hours. It depends on the skills of the surgeon, what sort of changes need to be implemented and how detailed they are, how many procedures the rhinoplasty surgeon has performed, and his or her pace during surgery.
Find A Proper Rhinoplasty Surgeon
Long Lasting Results
The results won’t last for long. Actually, a rhinoplasty procedure is long lasting, which is why you must be absolutely certain that you want to have this surgery done.
Any surgeon can do rhinoplasty. While it is partially true that almost any plastic surgeon can do a rhinoplasty, if you want it to look natural and well-proportioned, you need to find a proper rhinoplasty surgeon, known as a facial plastic surgeon, who knows exactly what they are doing. Don’t be afraid to ask to see before and after photos from previous patients as well as testimonials.
Only women get a rhinoplasty. More and more men are opting for various types of cosmetic surgery, including rhinoplasty. Men typically get a bump removed to make the nose more symmetrical or slimmer.
I will have breathing problems after the procedure. Most rhinoplasty will not affect the patient’s breathing in the long term. There certainly is time during the recovery and healing process where breathing may be affected as swollen tissues settle into place.
During & After Rhinoplasty Surgery
Downtime for a rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty is painful. This is not true. You will be under a general or local anaesthetic. There may be some minor discomfort from swelling after the surgery, but this will go away after a few weeks, as long as you take your prescribed pain medication. During your recovery time, you will be wearing a nose cast and may feel as if you are stuffed up or as if you had a cold. You can have your nose redone to any size. Your surgeon will give you a clear picture on limitations to your nose. It is highly recommended that you follow your rhinoplasty surgeon’s directions on this so that you retain a natural look.
Downtime is quite long for a rhinoplasty. This is another myth. In fact, compared to other procedures, there is little downtime associated with a nose job. Once the splint is removed (usually about 7 days after the procedure), the patient can return to work and normal daily activities. Most swelling and bruising usually subsides within 7 to 14 days as well. My insurance won’t cover it. This is not necessarily true. If the procedure is being done to correct breathing difficulties such as a deviated septum, then the insurance will generally cover it. Have you heard other things about rhinoplasty surgery? Before you accept them as fact, you need to consider the source. Unless that source is a licensed cosmetic surgeon, the things you hear or read about this surgery may not be accurate. For this reason, if you are considering rhinoplasty, it is important to bring up all your questions and concerns with your surgeon. This will help you sort out the facts from the myths.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.