Nose Surgery Overview
Nose surgery is also known as “rhinoplasty surgery” or the street name “nose job”.
Rhinoplasties are conducted primarily by ear, nose, and throat surgeons or facial cosmetic surgeons. Dr. Cory Torgerson has achieved certification in both genres and is recognized internationally as an experienced, competent surgeon. Although you might be under the impression that nose surgery is undergone strictly for cosmetic reasons, many operations are necessary to restore nasal passages to their normal function.
Nose Harmony With Facial Features
Cosmetic/Non-Cosmetic Nose Jobs
Most non-cosmetic nose surgeries are conducted to remove nasal blockages that have caused breathing difficulties, snoring, or sinus congestion. Sometimes patients are born with a crooked septum, which is the membrane that divides the nose into two sides. This not only restricts air flow, but also appears deformed. A rhinoplasty is able to open nasal passages and restore regular breathing as well as straighten the deviated septum so that the nose appears normal.
Cosmetic nose jobs are performed for people who are unhappy about the size or shape of their nose, the bump evident on their profile, the length of their nose, and even the size of their nostrils. Most patients who book a consultation at Dr. Torgerson’s downtown Toronto clinic aren’t interested in changing their appearance but in ensuring that their nose harmonizes and appears more balanced with their other facial features.
Open & Closed Approaches
The 2 most popular rhinoplasty techniques are the open approach, where an incision is made under the nose between the nostrils, and the closed approach, where access to the nose is gained through the nostrils. Dr. Torgerson prefers to use the closed approach, as it results in much less swelling post-op as well as less damage to the nose. During surgery, the structural bones are gently re-adjusted to reshape the size of the nose. If a larger nose is necessary, cartilage can be added. It is also possible to shorten or lengthen the nose and address the tip of the nose during surgery. The outer skin will then be draped over the new skeletal structure once the bones and cartilage have been re-adjusted.
Rhinoplasty surgery is one of the most difficult cosmetic plastic surgeries to conduct. There are numerous tiny bones and cartilages that form the structure of the nose. They are so delicate that there is very little room for error on the part of the surgeon. It takes years of surgical experience to be able to accomplish a successful surgery and have the artistic eye necessary to balance the nose with all other facial features. Dr. Torgerson has gained notoriety, not only as an excellent nose surgeon, but also as a revision nose surgeon who is able to fix rhinoplasty blunders.
To ensure that his clients receive the new nose they desire, he enlists the 3D Vectra imaging system. This is a state-of-the-art photo-imaging camera that enables photos to be adjusted so patients will see what they will look like once surgery is completed. During a consultation, Dr. Torgerson will be happy to show you the incredible before and after photos of many of his Toronto rhinoplasty patients.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.